PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else?

Mopey
09-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Miss Mopey does not poop very much; four times a week maybe (sometimes a little more or less). She's a formula baby; exclusive since three months. She doesn't seem to get uncomfortable or anything like that.

I know everyone & the books say that pretty much anything is normal for a baby but I'm curious since we will start solid foods soon (once we take CPR for BLW).

Anyone else? I'm afraid that solids will make it worse. Any btdt?

TIA :)

lizzywednesday
09-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Maybe it's because the only thing I had a log for was pumping volume, but I never really worried or noticed. (Frankly, I found it almost comical that I got the "number of wet/poopy diapers" question at DD's pediatrician visits - seriously, I had a newborn whose every feeding and diaper was weighed and logged electronically in the hospital for 2 weeks prior to discharge, she was on medication that caused serious blowouts and you're asking me about poop?)

My DD was EBF and pooped rarely at 6 months, too.

We didn't fully go into solids 'til about 7 months and there wasn't any change. (And then there was the antibiotic I was on for my mastitis when she was 8 months ... that was a horror show. My only recommendation to anyone ever is "don't get mastitis.")

She's still not an everyday pooper, but unless someone gives her the UHT milk at daycare (yuck!) she doesn't have any trouble.

Once you start solids, the pattern will probably change a bit 'til her belly adjusts to the new stuff.