PDA

View Full Version : Favorite high chair?

Pilotbaby
09-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Hi,
Does anyone have any recommendations for high chairs? Looking for something easy to clean and sturdy.
TIA

candaceb
09-21-2012, 03:27 PM
You can't beat Ikea antilop for easy to clean and sturdy, though the trade-off is that the legs stick out and trip people.

sweet_pea
09-21-2012, 04:06 PM
You can't beat Ikea antilop for easy to clean and sturdy, though the trade-off is that the legs stick out and trip people.

:yeahthat:

Although we haven't really had issues with tripping and we've had ours for two years.

The Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat is also a popular option if you don't want the chair to take up too much space, and a bonus is that it's portable. Actually the Ikea one is pretty portable as well, you can just take off the legs.

happymom
09-21-2012, 04:19 PM
We loved our Boon Flair.

AshUVA
09-21-2012, 04:27 PM
The Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat is also a popular option if you don't want the chair to take up too much space, and a bonus is that it's portable.

We love our FP Booster. We started with just that and then got a Stokke Tripp Trapp and love that also. Its super simple so it's easy to clean. We take our FP Booster with us whenever we are dining away from home.

fedoragirl
09-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Tripp Trapp. The best dining investment I made for both the kids.

♥ms.pacman♥
09-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Tripp Trapp. The best dining investment I made for both the kids.

tripp trapps are the best things ever. they are SO easy to clean!! almost nothing to clean really since everything just falls to the floor.i regret not getting them sooner...we got them when DD was maybe 8 mos old and DS was 2. now they both use them and its great bc they can get in them on their own.

the Fisher Price healthy care boosters are great too..we had several of those (would keep one in the car for when we would go to restaurants)..though the chair it's on does get nasty bc food falls on it and gets stuck.

AnnieW625
09-21-2012, 05:33 PM
The Tripp Trapp would be perfect if it came with a tray (the only one that works with it is $80!:shake:). I like the Tripp Trapp past the super messy food stage, so say around 18 months. I hate cleaning up food off of the floor honestly and sometimes even the big plastic mat doesn't get everything. If I had to do it all over again I would probably go with the Svan chair from birth (my parents gave us a classic wooden high chair we used for both girls. I didn't know about the Svan chair pre kids).

flashy09
09-22-2012, 07:28 AM
We loved our Boon Flair.

Me too!

MamaInMarch
09-22-2012, 07:46 AM
We have The First Years one that just straps on a dining room chair. I love that it's so small and portable. It is not bad to clean and I keep a thick towel on the chair seat underneath so I just pull that up and toss in the wash.

zag95
09-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Fisher price healthy care booster (green and blue travel size) and FP Healthy care HC (which we used until about 2 yrs of age)

mariza
09-23-2012, 12:21 AM
It's been several years since we needed a high chair but we loved the FP Space Saver so much I don't know that I would even bother researching new chairs if the need arose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trcy
09-23-2012, 12:53 PM
It's been several years since we needed a high chair but we loved the FP Space Saver so much I don't know that I would even bother researching new chairs if the need arose.

I also love this one.

mjs64
09-23-2012, 04:12 PM

We love our FP Booster. We started with just that and then got a Stokke Tripp Trapp and love that also. Its super simple so it's easy to clean. We take our FP Booster with us whenever we are dining away from home.

We did exactly this. I've read that many who got the Tripp Trapp later wish they'd begun with it, but I don't. We got ours at 18mo, when he started protesting the booster. It worked because he wanted, I think, to be more a part of the family (act like the grown ups). I think the fact of the TT being new helped--otherwise, he may not have perceived the change (added freedom). He climbs in by himself--he had started doing that with the dining chairs.

But the FP booster was great for a long time, and I didn't feel bad about spending the cash for the TT since the booster is so inexpensive. We still use the booster--it's strapped to a patio chair --for eating outside. We don't use the tray or the straps anymore.

scott
11-14-2012, 11:31 AM
The FP Easy Clean has cleanable straps! The straps are a polyurethane coated nylon that makes them durable, cleanable, and waterproof. The material is called Biothane and it's made in the USA!
Nothing will soak into these straps. Every strap that is used on a high chair, car seat, or booster seat should made with this stuff.

BabyBearsMom
11-14-2012, 11:51 AM
We have an Ikea antelop and love it. So easy to clean and so cheap. It is perfect. We have no issue with people tripping on it. I also have this for DD2 (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11981516&cagpspn=pla&pla=plab) which we love.

amldaley
11-14-2012, 12:00 PM
FP Space Saver for the earliest days and then thr Tripp Trapp. We have been so happy with both after going through a series of high chairs we hated!

mariza
11-25-2012, 10:52 PM
FP Space Saver for the earliest days and then thr Tripp Trapp. We have been so happy with both after going through a series of high chairs we hated!

Granted, my "baby" is 6 but I went through 3 high chairs before the FP Space Saver came out and I still recommend it to everyone. Love it!

Mommy_Mea
11-27-2012, 09:41 AM
We had the FP Space Saver with DS1, and it worked great. Once he got too big for the tray, we just pushed him up to the table. Around 18 months we lived somewhere temporary for 6 months and used the Phil & Teds Me Too, and then he just started sitting on a regular chair.

For DS2, he hated the FP Space Saver from the first time we put him in it at 4 months. I think it was too confining for him. Around 6 months we got a Tripp Trapp off of Craigslist for $50, and he has been happy ever since!

cookiemonster80
11-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Me too!

Me too - love love love the boon flair- used it for over 2 years- love the wheels, adjustable height, and ease if cleaning- saw one in TJMaxx a couple if months ago and almost became that woman who stopped others to tell them what a great thing it was.

mackmama
11-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Love the First Years Swivel chair http://www.amazon.com/The-First-Years-MiSwivel-Feeding/dp/B004VNFGME/ref=pd_cp_ba_3

It's like the FP Space Saver but also swivels. We bring it to restaurants too.

dsgirl
12-05-2012, 12:13 PM
We love our fisher price easy care booster. Travel with it all the time, and it is so easy to clean. I put the top and bottom tray in the dishwasher all the time and it is holding up great after 1 year.

ma912
02-05-2013, 09:53 AM
I love love LOVE our Keekaroo Height Right high chair! Similar to the Stokke Tripp Trapp for a fraction of the price. It is simple and easy to clean. Plus it can easily pull up to the table. Can't beat that! Amazon often has great price reductions on it depending on the color.

elbenn
02-05-2013, 10:29 AM
I used the Svan of Sweden chair and loved it because it is so beautiful and it has a small footprint. I have now switched over to Tripp Trapps and I love those, too.