PDA

View Full Version : Ipad apps for baby

Pilotbaby
09-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Hi,
Does anyone know of any fun iPad apps for a six month old baby?
TIA

roseyloxs
09-21-2012, 01:50 PM
I think the ipad would overstimulate a 6 month old baby. I would just stick with rattles and the like for now.

sntm
09-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Following this. Planning a long airplane ride in 2 months alone with baby.

candaceb
09-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Peek-a-boo barn is the only one I can think of for a kid that young. I didn't get my iPhone until DS was 9 months, but I don't remember entertaining him on planes being a problem til after he turned 1 - and we travel 4-5 times a year by air, about half of those trips are w/o DH.

sntm
09-21-2012, 03:58 PM
DS1 wasn't a problem - and we flew all the time. DS2 turned us in to the family everyone hates on a cross country flight over Labor Day. I want tricks in my back pocket so I'm not tempted to drug him!

roseyloxs
09-21-2012, 04:12 PM
This is for toddlers but since its an interactive episode of mickey mouse clubhouse (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mickey-mouse-clubhouse-road/id526227824?mt=8) I would think it might keep the attention of a baby. You will probably have to do all the interactive parts though obviously.

June Mommy2
09-21-2012, 11:28 PM
My DD seems to like the Fisher Price Laugh & Learn app. I think it is the Giggle Gang...little laughing shapes bounce around on the screen when she touches it.

Pilotbaby
09-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Following this. Planning a long airplane ride in 2 months alone with baby.

How old will your baby be when you travel? We have peek a boo barn so far and our daughter also loves the Baby Einstein Videos on You Tube.

sntm
09-23-2012, 10:52 PM
He will be 6 months. Our labor day trip did not go well!

mikala
09-23-2012, 11:00 PM
I think the ipad would overstimulate a 6 month old baby. I would just stick with rattles and the like for now.

Totally agree. I traveled a lot with DS around that age and found that teethers and crinkly touch and feel type books worked well. A small plastic photobook filled with pictures of family members and pets was also a hit.

Little plastic teething toy links were really useful for tethering toys so they weren't continually falling to the nasty airplane floor.

Jellycat makes some really fabric books. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dtoys-and-games&field-keywords=jellycat+book&rh=n%3A165793011%2Ck%3Ajellycat+book

Good luck! I found that age a lot easier than the mobile crawling and walking stages where baby constantly wants to slip off your lap and go exploring.