PDA

View Full Version : Decent maternity jeans??

JenaW
09-21-2012, 03:08 PM
This is my 11th preg (7th child God willing) so I have a pretty extensive maternity wardrobe. But I am desperate for some decent maternity jeans. I'm 26 weeks today (due at Christmas) and it's cooling down fast in upstate NY. I homeschool my 4 oldest kids, and my 4yo goes to preK 4 mornings a week, so I live in jeans or yoga pants, except for Church. I have several pairs of old navy and gap amternity, with the occasional target or motherhood pair. NONE of them work right now. I seem to be carrying high so everything is saggy around my lower abdomen. I'm 36yo, and 5ft7 and about 175 (ugh). I packed on a bit more than usual in the beginning. I'm trying to work out, but have been limited by frequent contrax (according to my OB, I have an overworked, irritable uterus!). I typically wear a 10/12 when not preg. Can anyone recommend some decent jeans? I always swore I'd never buy premium denim, but as I sit here looking at the pile of (at least 8 pairs) of cheap denim, I realize that one decent pair, even if somewhat pricey, would make me much happier. Plus, they'll get a lot of wear in the next 10-12 weeks. I dont think there are any high end maternity stores nearby, so I'd have to order online. Bonus if there is free ship/returns bc I have no clue how lucky I'll get with sizing unless my double is out there somewhere!

Thanks!
J

lizzywednesday
09-21-2012, 03:15 PM
I carried fairly high, too, but I was pretty happy with the 2 pair of Motherhood brand I ordered because they come in tall sizes and I wanted the longer inseam.

For comparison, I am also a bit taller than 5'7" and weigh 200lbs+ during my pregnancy (and now) ... I carry my weight in my backside, hips, thighs and lower legs.

I was terrified to try Gap or Old Navy because their sizing is so inconsistent, they weren't full-panel and, well, they don't come in tall. (ON and Gap regular inseam is 32" or 33"; tall is 34" or 35", I don't recall which. I need at least the 34" inseam to not feel like I'm wearing "floods.")

Good luck! I have enough trouble shopping for REGULAR jeans.

JenaW
09-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Thanks! I carry my wt in my hips/thighs too. I'm not a fan of full panel tho bc I like to wear more fitted shirts that show off my bump. I haven't had great luck with motherhood brand in the past, tho it has been a few years since I've tried their jeans so maybe they've changed. That's really my only irl option tho.

I've been looking on eBay and found some decent prices ($30-40) for COH, 7 For all Mankind, Joes Jeans, Paige, and Hudson. Can anyone comment on sizing on these? I think, based on measuring my hips and the gap pair I'm wearing now, I'd be a 31 or 32, but when I looked online at a pair of COH maternity, it said 32 is equal to a 10 which is what I wore when prepreg, but I weighed only 148/150. ugh. I'm a bit scared to buy on eBay since I'm stuck with them (other than reselling) but the prices are much better than the $100+ they go for new. Ugh.

J