PDA

View Full Version : A Teacher's Friday Like No Other...

swrc00
09-21-2012, 04:44 PM
I can honestly say in my 12 years of teaching I have never experienced all three of these things in one day.

First it was a Lice Check. (So glad I didn't wash my hair today and decided to wear it up)
Second was the fire alarm going off during lunch. (Ended up being a wire that had gotten too hot in the kitchen and triggered a heat sensor causing it to go off. In a positive light, the 30 minutes outside was enjoyable on the last day of summer.)
Third. (Buses held because of an armed robbery several miles down the road.)

I really do work in a pretty typical suburban school, but today was a doozy.

What's a pregnant woman to do when the situation normally calls for a glass of wine!

Enjoy your weekend BBBers!

AngB
09-21-2012, 04:53 PM
This did not make me miss teaching one tiny bit. :)

Enjoy your weekend.

swrc00
09-21-2012, 06:13 PM
It was enough for me to consider going out a little early on maternity leave.

wendmatt
09-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Holy moly! I'm almost done with college to become a teacher, this makes me have second thoughts :)
Have a great weekend, go put your feet up!

crl
09-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Whoa! That's just a bit much for one day. Chocolate?

Catherine

ha98ed14
09-21-2012, 06:51 PM
This did not make me miss teaching one tiny bit. :)

Enjoy your weekend.

OP, I'd like to thank you for hanging in there and rolling with the punches even on the doozy days. Our kids benefit from experienced teachers. Thank you for your service!

Enjoy your weekend!

elizabethkott
09-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Hooooooo boy. That's one doozy of a day!
I hereby donate my own teacher's liver to your cause. Since you can't drink, I will drink for you tonight. ;)

swrc00
09-21-2012, 07:07 PM
I knew you would all have a drink for me!

This is seriously sad, but I replaced my wine with a chicken pot pie. I have been craving it for days.

WatchingThemGrow
09-21-2012, 08:25 PM
I knew you would all have a drink for me!

This is seriously sad, but I replaced my wine with a chicken pot pie. I have been craving it for days.
:hysterical: That is awesome. The chicken pot pie part, not the day itself.

That's almost like the day DD had last Sept. when there were 4 (!!!) tornado warnings in one day - the last one keeping kids in their hiding places until 30 min. after school was supposed to be out.

StantonHyde
09-21-2012, 11:31 PM
The lice check alone would do me in--I would be taking a lice shampoo SHOWER. and scratching all day, eeewwwwwwwww......

swrc00
09-22-2012, 09:27 AM
:hysterical: That is awesome. The chicken pot pie part, not the day itself.

That's almost like the day DD had last Sept. when there were 4 (!!!) tornado warnings in one day - the last one keeping kids in their hiding places until 30 min. after school was supposed to be out.

We were saying yesterday at school that a Tornado Warning was the only thing that didn't happen yesterday. I hate them! It is really hard to keep even fourth graders from getting upset during them. I can't imagine 4 in one day.

Not really of epidemic proportions, but in my mind when 3 kids go home on the first day of lice checks from your classroom, it is close enough to it. Being pregnant, you can not use any of the shampoos. Dirty hair and pulled back is what it will be for a few days. I also use T-Gel Shampoo and put mousse in my hair.

The pot pie was awesome and I might have to have another.