PDA

View Full Version : Now what? Nighttime diaper dilemma continues...

SoCalMommy
09-21-2012, 06:02 PM
DD (22 months) is a heavy night time wetter. We were successfully using Pampers Extra Protection diapers for the last 18 months or so but started having problems consistently. This is after sizing up two extra sizes from her daytime diaper, she continued to leak out most mornings. It didn't make sense to size up again since the size 6 were physically big on her. I am not sure they even make a size 7?

After the suggestion to change diaper brands, we started using Huggies nighttime diapers. It has been great this past month, however recently she occasionally leaks out her legs. With the Pampers she leaked out her tummy area only. This morning I noticed that the Huggies are just really big around her legs, so if the diaper gets filled it is heavy enough that it doesn't stay around her leg. it doesn't fit, even with the elastic. Has this happened to anyone's DC?

What do you suggest we do now? I never used cloth diapers, but aren't there waterproof diaper covers that could fit over ghe disposable? Are they expensive? Would they be comfy to sleep in under pjs?

Or should we try another brand of disposables? She doesn't seem to fill the Huggies as much as the Pampers, but I am doing laundry so much more with these small leg leaks...please help!

WatchingThemGrow
09-21-2012, 08:33 PM
it sounds like you almost need to change her before YOU go to bed. They do make a size 7 pampers (amazon) or maybe give her smaller drinks closer to bedtime? We did use diaper doublers (BRU) for a couple weeks.

SnuggleBuggles
09-21-2012, 08:40 PM
We often used a cloth diaper cover over a disposal diaper with great success. Less than $15/cover and 2 is a good number.

MSWR0319
09-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Have you tried a diaper booster? DS was a heavy wetter and what ended up workin for us was a Huggies nighttime diaper one size up from his normal size with a diaper booster inside. I found them at BRU, they're basically a pad without the sticky side on the bottom.

SoCalMommy
09-22-2012, 12:53 AM
We often used a cloth diaper cover over a disposal diaper with great success. Less than $15/cover and 2 is a good number.

I will check them out. thanks! Just curious, did you have a favorite brand? I was looking at possibly trying Thirsties?

echoesofspring
09-24-2012, 02:24 PM
We use this cover with a disposable or even cloth diaper. The diaper is still super full in the morning, but we're having less leaks, we've also cut way back on the amount of liquid DS gets with dinner and after dinner before bedtime.

http://www.amazon.com/Bummis-Super-Whisper-Froggy-Pounds/dp/B0013BOEY8/ref=sr_1_5?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1348510965&sr=1-5

SnuggleBuggles
09-24-2012, 02:35 PM
We've used the Bummis above plus Prowraps, Nikky's and Thirsties. All have been fine.

SoCalMommy
09-25-2012, 01:44 AM
I bought two Thirsties diaper covers, plus the Fisher Price night time diapers to try. Tonight is the first night with the cover (over Huggies nighttime disposable). We will see how it goes.

The one thing I noticed immediately is that even though the cover is thin, it definitely adds more bulk once i put her pajama shorts on (it's still super hot where we live). We never used cloth diapers,so DD hopefully will get used to it. She kept grabbing her diaper. Fingers crossed.

MSWR0319
09-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Where did you find the FP nighttime diapers? DS2 is getting to the stage where we need nighttime diapers and I really liked the FP ones bu haven't seen any.

maiaann
09-25-2012, 01:42 PM
We prefer the Huggies "Little Movers" (regular, not slip on) over Huggies "Overnites."

SoCalMommy
09-26-2012, 01:45 AM
Where did you find the FP nighttime diapers? DS2 is getting to the stage where we need nighttime diapers and I really liked the FP ones bu haven't seen any.

Diapers.com. They are suppose to arrive this week! :)