PDA

View Full Version : You've got to be kidding, Boden...

citymama
09-22-2012, 02:46 AM
...but you made PJs that can't be thrown into the dryer? I know they're cute, but what would possess you to sell 100% cotton PJs that have to be laid flat to dry? Oh, and that $48 pricetag is kind of nuts too. Come to think of it, I'm the one who's probably nuts to have sprung for these PJs, but I've bought a pair each Fall and absolutely love them. Not sure these make sense if I can't throw them in the dryer! :dizzy:

http://www.bodenimages.com/productimages/productThumb160x207/12WAUT_WT044_MBL.jpg

hillview
09-22-2012, 06:57 AM
ok they are SUPER cute but I agree WTH?

tarnator
09-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Funny. I would never have even checked and just chucked them in the dryer. Betcha anything that they would hold up fine.....but I HATE it when companies write that on the labels just to cover their butts.

ett
09-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Funny. I would never have even checked and just chucked them in the dryer. Betcha anything that they would hold up fine.....but I HATE it when companies write that on the labels just to cover their butts.

:yeahthat:

viba424
09-23-2012, 07:39 AM
That is annoying and impractical. I noticed they got rid of their maternity line too. They werent doing anyone any favors on the price. Waited all summer to get the white capris and they were always out of stock. Whatever boden! ;)

Melaine
09-23-2012, 07:47 AM
That's nuts.

TwinFoxes
09-23-2012, 10:01 AM

:yeahthat: I'd still put them in the dryer.

elektra
09-23-2012, 11:15 AM

I just checked mine too after reading the OP and sure enough, my Boden pjs from last year have instructions not to tumble dry. I had never even checked prior! I have been throwing them in the dryer for a year now and they are fine. Why would they even have that on there?

citymama
09-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Elektra - that's interesting. What print were they? My polka dotted pjs from last year say tumble dry is ok. So do my tartan purple ones from the year before. I figured it was on the London print Pjs to reduce fading maybe? Perhaps they do this for select prints each year?

Just curious how long your Boden pjs last you. Mine average 2 years with heavy rotation pretty much year round. That's about as long as my $10 Target pjs last (maybe a smidge longer) although the Boden prints are much cuter and the pockets, velvet ribbon and other Boden touches make their pjs worth splurging on occasionally!