PDA

View Full Version : Backless booster ?s

BeccaB.
09-22-2012, 09:46 AM
How old does DS need to be or how tall for a backless booster? Also is there one that is very narrow? I'm trying to seat 3 across in a van. Thanks

Joolsplus2
09-22-2012, 09:55 AM
I've done part time boostering for my own 4 year olds, but it's pretty disastrous if they sleep in the car, so make sure you don't have that issue. The Harmony youth booster (used to be Lite Rider) at Walmart is probably the narrowest, it's only $13, too.

KrisM
09-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Are you talking about your 3 year old? He should be harnessed until age 5 or so and then into a booster. I would not put him in any booster at only 3 years old. He's not likely to always sit right, never lean, rarely sleep, etc.

I'd work on 3 harnessed seats that work. Maybe the forward-facing in between 2 rearfacing Radians?

What van and what seats are you working with? People here can be good at puzzling things together!

Joolsplus2
09-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Were those tickers there when I answered? Must've been...oops!
Yeah, what seats and what van are you working with already? Boosters are always more of a pain to deal with than harnessed seats (on mom's knuckles, trying to get them buckled), so backless or not, old enough or not, getting harnessed seats in there is going to be easier for years to come. (Evenflo Maestro is the best 'cheap' choice, Radian or Safety 1st Go are good higher priced choices).

BeccaB.
09-23-2012, 04:30 PM
We have a Maestro that our oldest is in now. I am thinking about next school year when he will be 4`1/2 and going to preschool. Another mom and I can carpool if I can figure out how to get five kiddos in my van. There would be the maestro and 2 seats for 2 tall 4 1/2 year olds.

Joolsplus2
09-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Gotcha :thumbsup:
Harmony :D