PDA

View Full Version : When did you DC move to twin or full size bed?

PMJ
09-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Just curious when your child moved out of a crib / toddler bed to a big-kids' bed?

Please share the age and how they did w/the transition.

thanks!

scriptkitten
09-22-2012, 02:18 PM
i'm curious about this.

i voted 4 or older cuz my twins are almost 4 and still in converted cribs/toddler beds

we JUST moved and i haven't gotten around to upgrading them yet. in our old city apartment there wasn't enough room for larger beds in their shared room

citymama
09-22-2012, 02:20 PM
4 years, 1 month, in anticipation of her sister's birth!

chiisai
09-22-2012, 02:25 PM
just past the 2 birthday. We had a futon (couch position) in her room and she started fighting bedtime in the crib, wailing, whatnot, after being pretty ok about it. One night I layed her down on the futon and she went to sleep. Never another whine or peep. She fell off once, but, even on the frame it was a pretty small drop and she didn't even wake up.

katydid1971
09-22-2012, 02:27 PM
DS moved out of his crib when he was 2 1/2. DD never slept in her crib because she refused instead she slept on a queen mattress on the floor until a little after 3 when she got a twin "princess" bed, she earned it for finishing potty training.

Pear
09-22-2012, 02:56 PM
18 months. We started with the mattress on the floor and slowly added the pieces to get to full height.

niccig
09-22-2012, 02:59 PM
At 3 years we converted the crib to a toddler bed.
We got his full bed at around 4 yrs.

twowhat?
09-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Ours are newly 4 and still in converted cribs. They still fit fine so no reason to move but we're thinking of twin beds for Christmas:) we converted the cribs to toddler beds at 3.5 when the first DD finally figured out how to climb out.

m4nash
09-22-2012, 03:10 PM
DS1- toddler bed to full at 2y 7m, started sleeping through the night
DS2- toddler bed to twin at 3y 2m, no problem-always a great sleeper
DD- crib to twin at 22 months, no major problems (she does resist naps occasionally, but she had been climbing out of the crib at nap time since 17 months and she shares a room with DS2 and will wake him up in the AM sometimes)

Seitvonzu
09-22-2012, 03:17 PM
we did the toddler bed thing along with potty training- a little before 3. my child was fully capable of climbing out of her crib , but chose not too. she's funny like that ;) we just got a "big girl bed" this summer when IKEA was having a sale on a twin that can be converted to a king. our child is taller than average so at 4.5 it was probably overdue.

acmom
09-22-2012, 03:17 PM
DD went from a crib to converted toddler bed around 2.5 and then to a twin bed a few months later. She had more issues with the crib to converted toddler bed (harder time falling asleep, staying in bed, etc.). No issues when we moved her to a twin.

Smillow
09-22-2012, 04:22 PM
We just moved DS into a twin from his unconverted crib last week. I think he wasn't sleeping well in the crib because he was just getting too big. We got him the Little Tikes race car twin bed (http://www.littletikes.com/kids-toys/sports-car-twin-bed) off CL. It's great, the sides are high enough that he won't roll out (we have a really think mattress & it's sitting right on the floor). The other night all three of us were in it reading books.
http://zoomcc.richfx.com.edgesuite.net/zoomcc_littletikes/Image/Media/7527fin_300.jpg

hillview
09-22-2012, 04:34 PM
DS1 moved to a queen size bed (just works better in his room -- fits into an alcove so he cannot fall out of bed) at age 2 and 4 months (or so). DS2 moved to a toddler bed (in DS1's bed -- their choice) at about the same age, age 2.

Transition went pretty well. I kept the crib up as an option for a month or so.

okinawama
09-22-2012, 05:10 PM
2yrs 4 months for us. DS2 was born 3 months prior and we were wanting to switch him out of th PNP and put him in his crib in his room. It went off without a hitch.

theriviera
09-22-2012, 07:33 PM
I voted 3 1/2 - 4 but she was 3 years and maybe 3 months. No poll option for that though :)

The transition to a full bed went really well for the first 2 months. We also kept her crib up for the 1st month. Of course, right after that we lent out our crib and I swear, within a couple of weeks DD1 was getting out of her bed every night and coming to our room.

AnnieW625
09-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Both girls moved from a mon convertible crib to twin beds at 2 yrs. 3 mos. old. DD1 did sleep on an air mattress for 2 weeks before we got her bed.

mypa
09-22-2012, 08:36 PM
DS moved from my bed to his own at around 2.5yo with much resistance. He never took to the crib and the transition from my bed to his own was with much screaming and crying. DH did no get much sleep for the next 4 years as DH took over night time duties and DS kept waking up every night.

DD (almost 4yo) is still in her converted crib and is so attached to it I have no idea when she will leave but she will probably be too big to fit comfortably in another 6 months. She refuses to sleep anywhere else but almost always sleeps through the night since she was 5 months old.