PDA

View Full Version : Shopping cart for tall 3 yo

Smillow
09-22-2012, 05:29 PM
My DS was so much more enjoyable in the grocery store when he commandeered a toy shopping cart that the grocery store had for sale. It was a very cheap, very poorly sized cart, but I thought if I had one in the car to bring in, it would turn our grocery shopping experience into a lot more fun for him and much less of a pain for me.

I can get the Melissa & Doug shopping cart for $49.99 locally and I figure it will have high resale value on CL. Is there another cart that has a fairly tall handle (and therefore a longer play life) and is reasonably sturdy that anyone recommends?
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmWskWWaDdSkZRzbTzM7EFseYMbMq4R cO3Gis-PDZtc0tog8UufQTIA!

Jai
09-22-2012, 07:22 PM
My 41 inch tall three year loves the Little Tikes shopping cart (we have the gray and white one that os only available on the website).

MontrealMum
09-23-2012, 12:46 AM
My DS is 46" (I think, he may be taller) and still enjoys his M&D shopping cart. At home. Our grocery stores are small and packed so he either walks or rides in the large carts (and kicks my shins the whole time). I'd put him in the basket but then where would I put the food? At one store that we shop at frequently it's a safety requirement that kids under 8 ride in carts. No idea what we're going to do as he gets bigger!

In any case, DS doesn't seem to care much that the M&D cart is kind of short. He pushes it all over the place and plays with it nearly every day. (He's going through a big "cooking" phase). And it is super sturdy!