PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight stroller to go with our city elite?

sophie80
09-24-2012, 02:39 PM
We are loving our city elite as our outdoor/walk stroller for our 8 month old. :)

Right now, it's our only stroller, though. It's kind of a pain to lug it around in our smaller trunk. I love the BJ brand. I can't decide if we should just get a mini for our lightweight/car stroller, or if we should spring for the GT (or if that's overkill). I am hoping to let our elite live in the garage for neighborhood walks and longer zoo trips, etc. I loooove the push of the GT, and I don't want to be disappointed with the mini if it can't handle city sidewalks etc. :)

Jennifer626
09-24-2012, 10:45 PM
I have a BJCE as my outdoor stroller, and scored a screaming good deal on a Cybex Onyx a few years ago (around $60-$80 on overstock.com?). It's the perfect combination for me. The Cybex is perfect for the mall and as a travel stroller. It pushes great on sidewalks and is small enough to squeeze everywhere that I've needed it to (between clothing racks, etc). Plus it has a full recline, nice canopy, decent storage basket, and isn't "tippy" like a Maclaren. Honestly after using my Cybex for 2 years now, I would totally pay almost-full price for one. I don't know if I'd pay $230 for it, but $160, YES, in a heartbeat. It's that great. Plus I love the carry strap, super handy.

http://www.albeebaby.com/cybex-onyx-black-stroller-lagoon.html?utm_source=Google_Products&utm_medium=12-1021014&utm_campaign=GoogleProducts&gdftrk=gdfV21377_a_7c623_a_7c4726_a_7c12_d_1021014&gclid=CMKhl_rZz7ICFcZxQgodlUEA1g

Personally, I think the GT would be overkill, as it's SO similar to the BJCE. It's only a little bit smaller when you put them side by side.