PDA

View Full Version : Uppababy Cruz or BJ GT?

s2k
09-25-2012, 11:28 AM
I think I've narrowed it down to these 2. Which would you get? I live in Michigan and am due with #3 in Dec. This is is our last (older sons are almost 6 and 8). I want something for in/out of the minivan, going to older sons activities (sports games, field trips, etc), walking around town (sidewalks and grass) and mall/shopping. I'm leaning away from the BOB because it's a bit bulkier/heavier - or maybe I'm making that up? I did LOVE my BOB.

My first stroller when my oldest was a baby was an Inglesina Zippy. Once #2 came along I got a P&T Sport and then a BOB Duallie. The sport was the "car" stroller and the BOB was the around town use all the time stroller which I LOVED.

hihellonikki
09-25-2012, 11:44 AM
I almost bought a BOB, but ended up with a GT. I would have been happy with either, but the GT was just a bit more compact, folded easier and was lighter. The tires are smaller, but for my needs, that is quite alright. BOB would have been overkill for the type of strolling I do, which is primarily outdoor, but no jogging or serious trails.

hihellonikki
09-25-2012, 11:56 AM
...and I didn't answer your Cruz/GT question. Haha! Before I had actually gone to the store and tested strollers, I had my heart set on a Cruz. It is a beautiful stroller, but I was surprised at its size. I thought it was going to be smaller than the Vista. It is, but not by much. The basket is awesome, but the tires were meh. It just didn't make sense for my lifestyle. I have a 10mo, 7yo, 9yo, and 13yo. We are active lifestyle people and I expect my stroller to keep up and not take up much space in my trunk. The GT is perfect for us.

s2k
09-25-2012, 12:07 PM
...and I didn't answer your Cruz/GT question. Haha! Before I had actually gone to the store and tested strollers, I had my heart set on a Cruz. It is a beautiful stroller, but I was surprised at its size. I thought it was going to be smaller than the Vista. It is, but not by much. The basket is awesome, but the tires were meh. It just didn't make sense for my lifestyle. I have a 10mo, 7yo, 9yo, and 13yo. We are active lifestyle people and I expect my stroller to keep up and not take up much space in my trunk. The GT is perfect for us. Okay - thanks so much. I really want a Vista but totally don't need it. I guess I'll go with the GT. I really appreciate your help!

brgnmom
09-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Okay - thanks so much. I really want a Vista but totally don't need it. I guess I'll go with the GT. I really appreciate your help!

It looks like you might have already made up your mind, but I also debated between the GT, Vista, Cuz and other popular strollers - and surprisingly, Dh and I ended up buying the Vista 2012 (after selling the bugaboo cameleon and maclaren techno XT). The GT doesn't have the reversibility feature - not sure how important that is to you, but I noticed in your original post that you're expecting a newborn this December. The Vista is better (versus the GT) for a newborn b/c it comes with a separate bassinet. I love how it's a full-featured stroller, and it's our one and only.

edurnemk
09-25-2012, 06:36 PM
How important is the reversible seat to you? If you want a reversible you could also look at the Valco Spark. I have a Vista since my first son and love it, but I am tempted to trade it for a Spark (I love the seat that turns into a bassinet, and air tires in the back). My everyday stroller now that we live in the suburbs is a Bugaboo Bee, which I also love, but doesn't do as well on bumpy/cracked sidewalks.

s2k
09-25-2012, 08:25 PM
I don't think the reversible seat is that important - I've never had one. And since #3 is due early Dec and we live in Michigan - I'm not sure how much we'll be using the bassinet portion of the Vista during the winter - so that's sort of why I ruled it out (also since #3 is our last I don't need to be able to "expand" the stroller for add'l kids).

Is the Spark out yet? I haven't had a chance to see it IRL. I did check out the GT and the Vista last time we visited my in-laws (no higher end stores by me) and hoped that actually seeing them would help me decide but I liked them both. Sigh.

nfowife
09-25-2012, 10:10 PM
I've been super happy with my GT for all the activities you describe for my baby #3 :)

legaleagle
09-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Yes, spark started shipping in August, not sure how easy it will be to find in a retail store though.

roseyloxs
09-26-2012, 06:55 AM
Its your last stroller, get a reversible! They are awesome. Cruz, versa, and spark are the usual suspects.

edurnemk
09-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Its your last stroller, get a reversible! They are awesome. Cruz, versa, and spark are the usual suspects.

:yeahthat: After trading up to a reversible stroller when DS was 8 months old, I decided I never again wanted to have a non-reversible. I love looking at my babies, talking to them, when they're older they can chat with you while you stroll... DS only had a short phase of wanting to phase forward around 1 yo, then he went back to wanting to face me so we could talk.