PDA

View Full Version : Video baby monitors what work with iPhone

Jupiter
09-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Does anyone have experience with the nextstep ip monitor or the summer peek plus?? They both look good. Or any other suggestions for a video monitor you can use with an iPhone. Thanks!!

edurnemk
09-25-2012, 06:28 PM
I saw this at the Mac store 2 days ago: http://store.apple.com/us/product/H7559VC/A/ibaby-monitor But I have no idea about how it performs.

AJP
09-26-2012, 09:30 AM
I love this idea, but what would you do if you are out (with your device) and a sitter or other family member is at home with baby? It would leave them without a monitor. This is the only reason i didn't go with similar systems, but it may be perfect for others. I'd love something similar with a monitor for home that I could also use my iPhone/iPad with it when needed.
My friend uses one of these apps (in Europe) and she loves that she can check on baby & nanny while she's working, but it leaves nanny without any monitor in the house.

ETA: Just checked out the summer peak plus...looks like the answer to what I would need!

♥ms.pacman♥
09-26-2012, 09:44 AM
we use a Foscam IP camera in each of my kids' rooms, and i can see them on my Mac, PC or ipod (app is same as iPhone). It has sound too, and also has speakers (DH has told my DS to "please get back into bed!" from his office..lol).

I think this the newer version of the one i have. good reviews and if u read it many people use it to keep an eye on their dogs (at home) while they are at work.

http://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI8910W-Wireless-Network-Camera/dp/B006ZP8UOW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top.

I have posted sample screenshots in other threads about it. Way cheaper, and better resolution than other baby monitors i have found. You do have to be a tad knowledgeable about setting up wireless, etc in your home to set it up.

Jupiter
09-26-2012, 10:44 AM
I love this idea, but what would you do if you are out (with your device) and a sitter or other family member is at home with baby? It would leave them without a monitor. !
They all seem to work with a computer as well as phone and iPad. So the sitter would not be without a monitor.

Does anyone know of one that you can record the video to your computer?
Thanks Ms.Pacman. I am going to heck that one out!

alton
10-13-2012, 03:18 AM
Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up. :applause: :cheerleader1:

masterchen
10-13-2012, 03:43 AM
we use a Foscam IP camera in each of my kids' rooms, and i can see them on my Mac, PC or ipod (app is same as iPhone). It has sound too, and also has speakers (DH has told my DS to "please get back into bed!" from his office..lol).

I think this the newer version of the one i have. good reviews and if u read it many people use it to keep an eye on their dogs (at home) while they are at work.

http://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI8910W-Wireless-Network-Camera/dp/B006ZP8UOW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top.

I have posted sample screenshots in other threads about it. Way cheaper, and better resolution than other baby monitors i have found. You do have to be a tad knowledgeable about setting up wireless, etc in your home to set it up.

+1 this is exactly what we use at home. Great system..

sophie80
10-19-2012, 06:52 AM
I love the idea of this kind of system, but sometimes our wireless can be spotty. It's super irritating and it has to do with the actual Internet from the cable company. If our Internet drops, then our monitor would blank out too, right?

wangstar
10-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Does anyone have experience with the nextstep ip monitor or the summer peek plus?? They both look good. Or any other suggestions for a video monitor you can use with an iPhone. Thanks!!

The babygizmo's review on the Peek Plus is great. The internet connective is awesome but the handheld unit fell short when compared to their other models.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9njSKrRMWOE

The peek plus does have the best of both world - handheld unit and internet viewability.

I've been seriously thing about the Foscam because my husband works long hours and it would be nice for him to see the baby on his free time at work. I thihnk combining the Baby Touch and the Foscam would be the next best thing.