PDA

View Full Version : Peg Aria cheap, worth it for 2nd stroller?

Mali
09-25-2012, 07:17 PM
DH & I have pretty much decided that we want the BJCM GT as our primary stroller. However, I recently bought from someone on CL and they're offering us first pick on a few items, one of which is a Peg Aria (single) for $45. I know that there were some issues from the line, but would it be worth it to have as a back up stroller (like to keep in DH's car)?

Is it even worthwhile to have a 2nd stroller (particularly when our sidewalks aren't necessarily universally smooth) and if it is, is it worthwhile to have this one as a backup/secondary one?

We could also buy their Bob Revo for $250, but that's a little pricey to only have as a just-in-case, especially since it has a bigger fold than the BJCM GT (which is a big part of why we like that one as our primary) and would likely live in the trunk of his 2000 Civic. Plus, the likelihood of either of us going out jogging/running is slim to none. :)

Thoughts?

DH is already panicky about some of the money stuff (coughglidercough :D) so the more logic I can use to justify why it is worth it (or not) to buy either of them as a second stroller would be super helpful!

hihellonikki
09-26-2012, 01:45 AM
If money's a concern I'd say wait. Once you use the GT for a bit, you'll know what you want out of a second stroller. Plus, Craigslist deals do appear often, so it not like you're passing on a the deal of a lifetime.

spannaz
09-26-2012, 09:35 AM
If money's a concern I'd say wait. Once you use the GT for a bit, you'll know what you want out of a second stroller. Plus, Craigslist deals do appear often, so it not like you're passing on a the deal of a lifetime.

:yeahthat: agreed :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mali
09-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Ok, thanks! :)

edurnemk
09-26-2012, 11:53 AM
You can definitely wait to figure out what you want in a second stroller. I do think it's good to have one, especially if you travel by plane, since airline personnel are not exactly gentle with strollers (they trashed our travel stroller last year, and boy, was I glad it wasn't our $700 Vista) so I prefer to travel with a cheaper one, not the nice expensive one.