PDA

View Full Version : Disney 3 Day Park Hopper tickets

hoodlims
09-25-2012, 11:56 PM
For those of you who bought the military 3 day park hopper passes to Disneyland, how strictly enforced are the "no transfer/sale" rules for the tickets? I bought the Day 3 ticket from someone (I did not know that was what I was buying) and I am afraid it won't work because I do not have a military ID, nor will I be going with anyone who does. Do they check IDs when you use these passes?

sariana
09-26-2012, 01:10 AM
I don't know the answer to your specific question. When DH got the 3-day passes they had a few years ago, he used them for himself.

But---When we bought 4-day passes from Costco, I noticed that the fine print said the tickets had to be signed and ID shown each day. We never had to sign our tickets, and I don't think we showed any ID. So theoretically I think we could have given the tickets to someone else to use on subsequent days.

As for military deals, IME military ID is required to obtain the tickets. If the tix are purchased at a base or somewhere similar, the ID is shown there. (This is how it's usually done for Disneyland.) If they are purchased/obtained at the gate, the ID must be shown there at the park. (This is what we do at Knott's Berry Farm and SeaWorld.) Since you already have possession of the ticket, you might not need to show ID at the gate. I really don't remember, though, whether DH had to show his ID.

I think this is the type of thing that might depend on who is working the gate that day.

lalasmama
09-26-2012, 04:42 PM
You have to have the military ID for the first use--someone in your group needs to have military ID, but not needed for everyone. After the initial day, though, you don't need the person with the military ID.

SO is buying our tickets for our vacation through the local base, and I'm scared that (Heaven forbid) something will happen to "us" (ie, break up) and we won't be able to use them. No reason to think it would happen, but still scared about losing the money for the tickets!

As far as signing names on regular tickets and showing general ID, there's been much more whispering about this, as a way to cut down on the counterfeit tickets, and to cut down on people "renting" tickets. So, just as a CYA (cover your @ss), know/remember when you bought your tickets, and know when you first used them. It's one of the ways the verify that the person using the ticket is the person who used the ticket the first time. They actually took me through the whole verification when I attempted to add days on when we were there this last February. I was made to sign my ticket (but not show ID) when I was there in May.

hoodlims
09-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Thank you ladies so much. The person we bought them from couldn't use the last ticket in time so we actually have the tickets, which were obtained by a military person the first day. They are unsigned. I never thought about asking for when they last used it,good idea. At the worst, she did say she would refund me if we were turned away at he gate. We are hoping to enter at a peak time (saturday morn) and haveit be busy enough to where they don't check! Gingers crossed.

lalasmama
09-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Thank you ladies so much. The person we bought them from couldn't use the last ticket in time so we actually have the tickets, which were obtained by a military person the first day. They are unsigned. I never thought about asking for when they last used it,good idea. At the worst, she did say she would refund me if we were turned away at he gate. We are hoping to enter at a peak time (saturday morn) and haveit be busy enough to where they don't check! Gingers crossed.

To clarify: a military member needs to buy the tickets, and needs to be there on the first day they are used. I believe there's also a time limit on the length of time that they have to be used (like within 14 days of first day used). They may ask for the day they were bought, the card they were bought on, who bought them, and when they were first used. (Yes, I was asked *all* of these questions on the day I attempted to add a day to my tickets.) Realistically, this kind of thing scares/worries me, because I'd hate to be turned away and then have to pay double for the replacement tickets... Word is that Disneyland is really cracking down on these kind of things, because they are losing money on people "renting" tickets out (which is against the law).

pinay
09-27-2012, 11:01 PM
A friend just went on Monday and used 2 military park hopper tix for her and her DH, they werent asked any questions or anything. Her sister had purchased and used the first two days but wasn't planning to use the third day, so they just bought them off her.

mattiew
10-05-2012, 12:31 AM
We just returned from Disney World (not Land) using military tickets; I assume they handle it the same in each place. We purchased "tickets" from a military base that we then had to exchange at Guest Services for the tickets that look like credit cards. At Guest Services one member of the party had to show their military id and driver's license. They then asked us for all of our names and birthdates and we had to sign the back of the cards. We then went to the regular turnstiles to use the tickets, they didn't ask us for anything else during the next 4 days.

hoodlims
10-06-2012, 08:25 AM
We ended up having no problems using these tickets. It was a busy weekend since the tickets were expiring. We ended up having a great time but it was stressful not knowing whether it was going to work!

mattiew
10-06-2012, 10:49 PM
we ended up having no problems using these tickets. It was a busy weekend since the tickets were expiring. We ended up having a great time but it was stressful not knowing whether it was going to work!

hooray!!!!

AnnieW625
10-07-2012, 01:08 AM
My cousin who is active duty told me that if we wanted to go to DL with them we would have to be with her to get the tickets.

We used the last day of my sister and her bf's DL tickets and no one questioned us to see our id's.