PDA

View Full Version : question about flying Southwest

urbanmommy
09-26-2012, 10:03 AM
do they let families pre-board? DH checked in at exactly 24 hours before flight for our cross-country trip tomorrow and still got group B. uggh.

GvilleGirl
09-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Whenever I have flown SW, we have boarded between groups A & B.

MMMommy
09-26-2012, 10:45 AM
If you have a child age 4 and under (I think that was the age mentioned), families can pre-board immediately after Group A.

waitingforgrace
09-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Yep family boarding was between groups A and B.

Mommy_Mea
09-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Group A typically goes to those who pay extra to board early (blanking on the name of the program). only a portion of the times that we have checked in 24 hours ahead have we gotten group A. For the most part, we don't even bother checking in early anymore, because with the family boarding between group a and b, getting seats together is not an issue. Usually the back half of the plane is still empty. But we don't mind sitting in the back of the plane (less pressure to get car seats uninstalled and all the stuff gathered quickly to get of the plane, same with when we get on the plane).

urbanmommy
09-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Trying to take a deep breath as this is our first flight with two DCs. Wish me the best :) :praying:

edurnemk
09-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Trying to take a deep breath as this is our first flight with two DCs. Wish me the best :) :praying:

Good luck! Our kids are roughly the same ages, we flew a month ago and it was easy peasy (I was much less stressed than the first time we flew with just DS). DD is still in that stage when it's soooo easy to travel with them. She slept the entire flight.