PDA

View Full Version : Switched from Pampers Baby Dry to Cruisers - Diaper rash?

Mommy_Mea
09-27-2012, 09:38 AM
I have used all sorts of diapers with DS2 - Huggies, Up&Up, BRU Baby Blues and Pampers Baby Dry, just whatever I got a good price on!

Recently I got a good price on Pampers Cruisers, which I have never used before on DS1 or DS2.

Ever since, DS2 seems to be developing diaper rash (not horrible, but definitely obvious) and screams at the sight of the diaper and will NOT fall asleep at night.

I think he is getting his eye teeth, so it might just be teething causing the sleep issues and rash, but...

Has anyone experienced diaper rash even when switching within brands? I figured if DS2 didn't have an issue with Drymax in the Baby Dry diapers, it wouldn't be a problem with Cruisers...

I am grabbing a pack of Seventh Generation on the way home just to see if that helps, since it sounds like they have changed the design of Up&Up :(

wellyes
09-27-2012, 09:55 AM
I don't believe Baby Dry has Dry Max. That is the only pampers I will use anymore.

Mommy_Mea
09-27-2012, 09:57 AM
I don't believe Baby Dry has Dry Max. That is the only pampers I will use anymore.

Oops! Well that could be the issue, thanks!

daisymommy
09-27-2012, 10:28 AM
I'll betcha it's the Dry Max! That stuff is evil!
After Pampers started using it in their Cruisers my son got a chemical burn that took 2 weeks and a prescription cream to go away!
And just an FYI, the Sensitive diapers in sizes 3 and up have it too (strange but true!).

Mommy_Mea
09-27-2012, 11:15 AM
I'll betcha it's the Dry Max! That stuff is evil!
After Pampers started using it in their Cruisers my son got a chemical burn that took 2 weeks and a prescription cream to go away!
And just an FYI, the Sensitive diapers in sizes 3 and up have it too (strange but true!).

Funny, I just sent DH an email that the diapers had the "evil Dry Max." :rotflmao:

I am so glad daycare still has the remaining Baby Dry diapers, otherwise I might have to have DH drive over there with new diapers before this diaper rash gets worse!

AnnieW625
09-30-2012, 12:36 PM
My DD1 got severe rashes from the original non Dry Max Cruisers in 2007 so we didn't even try the dry max cruisers. The only Pampers diapers without dry max past size 2 are Baby Dry. Liked them okay, but prefer 7th Generation (run a size small so order up), Huggies Little Movers, or Costco's Kirkland diapers.

Mommy_Mea
10-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Just as an update, I bought some Huggies pure and natural at target (couldn't find the seventh generation??), and have been using those for the past few days. The rash, while not horrible looking, was very persistent, but slowly faded. He is back to sleeping better and the cruisers have been passed along to someone else. Hopefully they don't have the same issues (they were given full disclosure!)

mackmama
10-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Yes - same thing happened to us. We use Baby Dry (no DryMax). We then used some cruisers, DC got a horrible diaper rash, so we went back to BabyDry (no more diaper rash).

lizzywednesday
10-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Just as an update, I bought some Huggies pure and natural at target (couldn't find the seventh generation??), and have been using those for the past few days. The rash, while not horrible looking, was very persistent, but slowly faded. He is back to sleeping better and the cruisers have been passed along to someone else. Hopefully they don't have the same issues (they were given full disclosure!)

After my DD got a rash from Pampers in the hospital (the hospital is a Pampers hospital) we went to Huggies Pure & Natural (which, by the by, are neither pure nor natural, but they're unscented and don't have heavy dyes) and DD was fine.

diegosmom
10-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Never tried the cruisers but have exclusively used Pampers Baby Dry for almost 4 years (two different kids) and have never had a problem with diaper rash. An occasional slight rash occurs but usually goes away quickly and typically only happens when we travel long distance in the car and the baby falls asleep. Unfortunately sometimes ends up in the diaper longer than normal.