PDA

View Full Version : Found some great Calvin Klein skinny ponte pants...at Costco!

curiousgeorge
09-27-2012, 09:45 AM
When returning my recalled peanut butter to Costco yesterday I took a minute to browse and found a great pair of Calvin Klein ponte pants.

They are a skinny pant, just like some of the Hue leggings I have seen. They have a button/zipper fly, fake front jean-style pockets, real back pockets and belt loops. They come in black, gray and brown and are sized 2-4-6, etc., not S-M-L.

They are 65% cotton, 30% polyester and 5% elastane.

I have the Calvin Klein shorts sold at Costco and can wear a 4 or 6 depending on how big my dinner was :bag. I tried both in the pants and am keeping the 6 because they weren't quite as tight on my thighs.

The best part...they are only $16.99! The Costco item number is 661053.

These look great with my new Frye Melissa button boots and this Garnet Hill tunic top (http://www.garnethill.com/ruched-tunic/womens-fashion/tops-tees/two-for-tees/216475?defattrib=&defattribvalue=&listIndex=0)
and DH really liked them too. He is very honest (in a good way!) on giving me feedback on how things look so I took that as a positive.

So, for anyone looking for a legging pant on a budget, these are a great pick!

Melaine
09-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Wait what PB was recalled from Costco??

I will look for those pants definitely!

curiousgeorge
09-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Sunland makes the PB that is a part of the Trader Joe's recall. Sunland also makes the Costco PB that is in the jar with the red lid...says Sunland on the front. Two 40oz jars are packaged together and they are part of the recall.

Melaine
09-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Thanks.

iaam
09-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the tip, OP. I got a pair today.

Twoboos
09-29-2012, 09:35 AM
These look great with my new Frye Melissa button boots and this Garnet Hill tunic top (http://www.garnethill.com/ruched-tunic/womens-fashion/tops-tees/two-for-tees/216475?defattrib=&defattribvalue=&listIndex=0)

Just had to say I also wore this top (green stripe) with skinny jeans and my Frye's yesterday!! LOL! Could be the new Mommy Uniform! :p

twowhat?
09-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Ooooh I am looking for leggings or skinny pants to wear with tunics. Thanks...will have to check this out! I wish they came in some fun colors too! How is the rise??? High enough for muffin top?

twowhat?
09-30-2012, 01:40 PM
OK I picked up a black and grey pair. So comfy and cute!! I usually wear a 2 but got a 4 in these and I'm pleased with the fit. I have a question though...can wear these with tees that are slightly longer but don't totally cover the butt? In other words do these count as skinny pants and therefore are more coverage than leggings?

I'm 5'6'' and the length was perfect for me if that helps anyone. Rise was slightly higher than a low rise so it worked for me. A wide waistband or higher rise might have been better but this really is fine. Thanks OP!

curiousgeorge
09-30-2012, 04:00 PM
OK I picked up a black and grey pair. So comfy and cute!! I usually wear a 2 but got a 4 in these and I'm pleased with the fit. I have a question though...can wear these with tees that are slightly longer but don't totally cover the butt? In other words do these count as skinny pants and therefore are more coverage than leggings?

I'm 5'6'' and the length was perfect for me if that helps anyone. Rise was slightly higher than a low rise so it worked for me. A wide waistband or higher rise might have been better but this really is fine. Thanks OP!

Glad you like them! I think that since they are styled like pants/jeans and have back pockets, you can wear them more like skinny pants than leggings. I plan to wear longer tops, but not as long as I would feel like I need for true leggings.

I do agree that little wider waistband would be nice, but I haven't found anything better than these that work as skinny pants and not leggings so for the price I'm keeping mine!

curiousgeorge
09-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Just had to say I also wore this top (green stripe) with skinny jeans and my Frye's yesterday!! LOL! Could be the new Mommy Uniform! :p

That is too funny! I can't wait for it to be a bit cooler here so I can finally wear something other than shorts and short sleeves!

If I see anyone else that outfit I'll have to give them the secret BBB hand signal :jammin:

newg
10-01-2012, 10:18 PM
I am in love with these pants! I remembered to look while at costco on Friday and grabed a black pair and gray pair!! They look cute with flats and boots and now I'm on the hunt to add more tunic tops to my closet :)
And you can't beat the price!!

twowhat?
10-01-2012, 10:58 PM
I am in love with these pants! I remembered to look while at costco on Friday and grabed a black pair and gray pair!! They look cute with flats and boots and now I'm on the hunt to add more tunic tops to my closet :)
And you can't beat the price!!

Seriously! I tried them on again today and they are so comfy and flattering - who knew!!! I have issues with my bowed legs so I've been afraid of trying skinny pants but for some reason my legs look OK!

The biggest problem is that yes, I need more tunic tops or at least long tops that cover most of the butt.

ett
10-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the heads up on these pants. I picked up a black pair today and they fit perfectly. I would love to get the gray pair but there were only several left.

MichelleRC
10-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Argh!!! My Costco did not have them. Anyone have an item number?

joonbug
10-02-2012, 08:01 PM
[QUOTE=curiousgeorge;3607561

Hope that helps!

DrSally
10-02-2012, 10:56 PM
So, do these work if you have legs thAt aren't exactly skinny? The legs on the pants look so slim.

MissyL11
10-03-2012, 11:53 AM
If you are in between sizes are you sizing up? Do they stretch? TIA!

georgiegirl
10-03-2012, 12:06 PM
I got a black pair today. They are super comfy and cute. The back pockets are real but the front pockets are fake...in case anyone wanted to know.

twowhat?
10-03-2012, 12:48 PM
If you are in between sizes are you sizing up? Do they stretch? TIA!

I'd say to size up, but I don't like things to be super tight on my thighs. I normall wear a 0 or 2 depending on brand, and I got the size 4 in these pants and I'm happy with the way they fit.

MichelleRC
10-03-2012, 09:16 PM

Hope that helps!

Thanks!!!

jgenie
10-03-2012, 09:54 PM

Hope that helps!

How do I use the item number to find out if my local store has them in stock?

zukeypur
10-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Does anyone else buy 2 pairs and go to your minivan to try them on? Thank goodness for tinted windows! I need to look for these next time I go to Costco.

iaam
10-03-2012, 11:06 PM
[QUOTE=joonbug;3611566]

How do I use the item number to find out if my local store has them in stock?

Call the store. They will look it up for you.

joonbug
10-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Does anyone else buy 2 pairs and go to your minivan to try them on? Thank goodness for tinted windows! I need to look for these next time I go to Costco.

:ROTFLMAO: I need a van! Wouldn't dare doing it in a sedan LOL

pomegranate
10-04-2012, 11:14 AM

LOL. I've worn long skirts to Costco just to be able to try on their pants and jeans. Just pull the pants up under the skirt!

scrooks
10-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Ok I just picked up 3 pairs.... I was in a hurry and didn't have time to think about it... I hope they fit. I am a size 14 ... The biggest size they come in!

twowhat?
10-05-2012, 01:27 AM
I wore mine (the black ones) tonight for dinner out after work meeting. Wore it with a Boden top and a long cardi and black patent ballet flats...and my new coworker (who is totally stylish and beautiful and in her 20s) actually told me I looked cute which to me is a total win! :)

newg
10-05-2012, 09:23 PM
I wore mine (the black ones) tonight for dinner out after work meeting. Wore it with a Boden top and a long cardi and black patent ballet flats...and my new coworker (who is totally stylish and beautiful and in her 20s) actually told me I looked cute which to me is a total win! :)

yay! :cheerleader1:
My fashionista sister said they same thing to me after I wore my dark gray pair, and then went out to buy herself two pairs! Makes a mamma feel like she's not totally out of it!

firstbaby
10-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Thanks, OP. I picked up a pair of black ones today and they are very cute. I sized up and I'm glad I did. There are slightly on the shorter side for me (between 5'7 and 5'8) so won't be putting them in the dryer ;) but worth it for sure!

DrSally
10-07-2012, 11:05 PM
I got them in my regular size and like them-- nice and thick and the back pockets make you look better from behind. Although I'd still only wear with tunic length tops. My prob is that I'd have to pay $10 to get them hemmed, and
I don't think they're worth $27 to me. Also, the waist seems big on me, but I'm afraid to see my legs in the next size down.

ilfaith
09-16-2013, 07:10 PM
I just found these (I am assuming they are the same ones, I don't remember seeing them last year) at our Costco yesterday. Bought them in gray and want to go back and get another pair in black. They are a little long on me, but I can fold the bottoms under an inch or two (or cuff them up)...they will be perfect tucked into boots. So much more flattering than regular leggings. Skinny but not clingy.

Now I just have to wait for it to cool off below 90 degrees so I might wear them.

zukeypur
09-17-2013, 07:29 AM
Woohoo!!!

iaam
09-17-2013, 11:01 AM
That's awsome - I just wore my black ones from last year and was wishing I had them in another color. Will definitely check the out at Costco.

twowhat?
09-17-2013, 12:51 PM
I saw these again at my Costco last weekend too! But I will say - I bought the Boden version and they are SO MUCH NICER. The fabric is much more substantial (it's evident by the weight comparison!) and the rise is higher - good if you deal with tummy issues. AND the pockets are functional:) My Costco ones already have holes at the seams on the butt and the waist seems to run large - I am always tugging them up because they sag down, so the zipper makes a not-so-attractive "V" at the crotch. They are so comfy and great with longer tops that cover it up, though.

I will however be saving towards another Boden pair:)

♥ms.pacman♥
09-17-2013, 01:30 PM
I just found these (I am assuming they are the same ones, I don't remember seeing them last year) at our Costco yesterday. Bought them in gray and want to go back and get another pair in black. They are a little long on me, but I can fold the bottoms under an inch or two (or cuff them up)...they will be perfect tucked into boots. So much more flattering than regular leggings. Skinny but not clingy.

Now I just have to wait for it to cool off below 90 degrees so I might wear them.

LOL love the last line, that's me too. Though i wear them to work since it's 68 degrees inside here :) I got the gray as well (bought a couple weeks back at Costco) but am thinking of buying another pair. For $16.99 it's pretty good deal. I wish they made them in navy.

I was thinking about the Boden ponte roma pants since they came in Navy but i think i will only order them if they drop to $40-ish (hopefully pre-EOS or EOs sales?) To me, the Costco ones have thick fabric (they sat in my drawer for weeks before i could even look at them....and if it wasn't freezing in my office i couldn't wear them at all now)...if it is that much thicker i think it would have to be November/December before I could wear them comfortably (it is so hot here).

katydid1971
09-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Do you have the item number, then I can call and see if my costso has them

Tenasparkl
09-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Do you have the item number, then I can call and see if my costso has them

Mine still has them, but in limited sizes - mostly 2s and 4s.

ilfaith
09-23-2013, 09:54 PM
They had plenty at my Costco when I went back to get another pair in black. Probably because it is still so warm in Florida shoppers aren't thinking about long pants yet. I did get to wear mine last week when I went to the dentist because it is always air conditioned to about 60 degrees there...seriously they have a stack of blankets in the waiting room because patients get so chilly.

If anyone is looking for a particular size I'd be happy to check our local store.