PDA

View Full Version : BJ City Versa?

sophie80
09-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Does anyone have this stroller who can weigh in?

DH and I have been looking around for a 2nd stroller to complement our city elite. I thought we'd end up with the city mini or maybe the mini GT, but he tried out the versa and loooved it. Apparently baby girl, who's just starting to have a touch of separation anxiety at 8 months also loved being able to face him and coo and talk while they tried out the stroller.

Except for the price (which is a little more than I was hoping to pay for a second stroller!), does anyone have any feedback on the versa? Does it handle well on icky sidewalk, etc.?

hollissmama
09-27-2012, 01:05 PM
I have played with the city versa and thought it felt like a really great push and sturdy enough for most sidewalks. I think with the elite a versa would be a perfect compliment. I love rear facing strollers and think you will get a lot of use out of that feature, my almost 3yr old still rides that way so I can chat with him.

Strollerqueen has a great review on the versa too!

PZMommy
09-27-2012, 08:19 PM
I recently got the Versa and love it. I mainly got it because my baby likes to look at me. I think the wheels would handle fine on bumpy sidewalks. Baby Jogger has hinted that they may offer all terrain wheels that you could buy to put on the Versa at some point.

Dawn

Baby on the Run
09-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Coming from a retailers perspective, the Versa is a great stroller for many applications. It has a good wheel base that can handle most any terrain and one of the best features is that you can fold the stroller with the seat in the front or rear facing position. Folding with the seat in rear facing is awesome! The seat is also bigger than on the Select, which makes it a more functional stroller for longer. I know Baby Jogger may be looking into a GT style wheel kit at some point as well, but I have no know idea when.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Rick Winter
Owner

strollerqueen
09-27-2012, 10:49 PM
I have played with the city versa and thought it felt like a really great push and sturdy enough for most sidewalks. I think with the elite a versa would be a perfect compliment. I love rear facing strollers and think you will get a lot of use out of that feature, my almost 3yr old still rides that way so I can chat with him.

Strollerqueen has a great review on the versa too!

Thank you! :) It's a really fun stroller!