PDA

View Full Version : Travel bed option for a 2 year old?

todzwife
09-30-2012, 12:22 AM
At home, she sleeps in a regular twin bed w/ bedbug foam wedges to keep her from falling out. She's a WIGGLY sleeper.

At my mom's (we drive) I take a kiddy aerobed.

We are flying in November and staying in a hotel. What's going to take up the least amount of room in our luggage?

It looks like the peapods are all recalled?

rin
09-30-2012, 01:37 AM
We have a peapod, and I am not remotely concerned my 2.5 year old is going to suffocate in it. I would not use it for a younger child (we did use it when DD1 was younger, but after this recall I wouldn't use it for a child under 1or so), but for an older child I don't see how it could be anything other than perfectly safe.

That said, I wouldn't get one just for one trip for a 2.5 year old. Many (most?) hotels will have pack n plays and/or rollaway beds they can bring into your room. Call ahead and ask! If you're concerned about her falling off the rollaway bed, just take the mattress off and make it up on the floor.

hillview
09-30-2012, 11:47 AM
That said, I wouldn't get one just for one trip for a 2.5 year old. Many (most?) hotels will have pack n plays and/or rollaway beds they can bring into your room. Call ahead and ask! If you're concerned about her falling off the rollaway bed, just take the mattress off and make it up on the floor.

:yeahthat:

jam224
10-01-2012, 12:03 AM
This cot has great reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Regalo-Cot-Portable-Royal-Blue/dp/B000H1MRJO/. That would be my choice.