PDA

View Full Version : Stroller for Copenhagen

Ms B
09-30-2012, 11:22 AM
As I already posted on the Places to Go forum, we may be going to Copenhagen, Denmark for about a week in late October/early November with The Biscuit.

Some of the great parents on this board are calming me about the city generally, but what do I do stroller wise?

Potential challenges include airplane travel, cobblestones, and snow. I am told that most public transit in Copenhagen is set up so that stollers can be wheeled right on, so fold is not a big concern once we get there (just on the way).

I have concerns that my 2011 BJCM will not be able to handle the cobblestones and that my older model Bob Revolution will be too big. I am willing to hit Craigslist locally to see what I can find, but what am I looking for? :shrug: Note that The Biscuit is giant (over 32 inches and 27 pounds at 13 months), so something that we can use on later beach and overseas trips would be great . . .

Thanks in advance!!

MamaBear
09-30-2012, 01:18 PM
We used to live in Germany, about 45 mins from the Danish border, so were in Denmark a few times. My Cameleon was perfect for the trip! The most common carriage I saw anywhere in Denmark was the Oddervogen pram - beautiful, huge, traditional pram, so no need to worry about a stroller being *too* big :) A heads-up, though, that some shops and restaurants will not allow strollers inside, and parents park their strollers outside. (saw this in Iceland, too.)

BTW, Magasin du Nord stores have nice play areas :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

Jennifer626
10-01-2012, 12:38 AM
We bought a Bugaboo Frog specifically for our trip to Spain and Italy,and it was perfect. Handled great over cobblestones (also handles great in snow, though we didn't hit snow on that trip), never felt "big" when we were in crowds. Bought a used one for $300, used it for a year, and sold it for $350. We also bought the wheeled travel case and packed it securely for the flights, and just used the Ergo carrier through the airports.

mom2binsd
10-01-2012, 09:43 AM
I agree that the S train/metro/busses etc will be very stroller friendly.

They love their prams over there, you might not see it where you'll be but I was always amazed in my neighborhood in the dead of winter to see a pram or two outside with sleeping babies, they are firm believers in having babies take naps outside.