PDA

View Full Version : Recs for new seats (3 across)

MizMojoLaveau
09-30-2012, 04:33 PM
I just realized that I am about to have to buy 3 carseats. holy moly. So here is what we have:

2007 crew cab chevy silverado: DS1(6) Nautilus, DS2 (3) Marathon Classic, DS3 (1) infant bucket

2012 Ody: (3 across in 2nd row) DS1 Frontier 85, DS2 Radian XT, DS3 bucket

So, the Marathon was made in 2006 and expires in a month. The 1 yr old (4% shrimp, 19 lbs.) needs a new seat for each vehicle as 19 lb.weight limit almost reached in the infant bucket. No idea what to choose, but partial to Britax (just don't know if I can fit). Will RF for at least another year. The 3 yr old happy with the Radian and tempted to get another for the truck as so nice and narrow. Not happy with the Nautilus as have the sticky release button.

Just reeling at the thought of needing $600-$700 in seats if I go with a radian and two britaxes. Oh, and FWIW, my guys tend to be on the thin and tall side (so DS3 could shoot up in height, but not expected to in weight).

Bite the bullet with 2 Britaxes and a Radian. If so, which ones? Anything else I should consider? TIA.

MizMojoLaveau
09-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Wait a minute....do I have 6 years or 7 years on a Classic Marathon? It was manufactured in Nov 2006.....

zukeypur
09-30-2012, 05:15 PM
6 years. Mine goes out in October and I just ordered a Frontier. Sooooo sad to loose my beloved MA.