PDA

View Full Version : Costco fans - do you like the kirkland laundry detergent

MissyL11
10-02-2012, 07:54 AM
I am heading to Costco and I need more laundry detergent. I currently use All Free and Clear but I am thinking about switching to the Kirkland Free and Clear. If you use the Kirkland brand do you like it? TIA

Missy

mytwosons
10-02-2012, 07:58 AM
I have always been a Tide user, but see no difference between Tide and the Kirkland.

babyonway
10-02-2012, 08:14 AM
We use the Kirkland free and clear and like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Smillow
10-02-2012, 08:23 AM
I remember that Consumer Reports rated it a best buy a few years back (don't know the current status). I used it but didn't like the spigot for some reason (our laundry is in the basement & the laundry det. gets really viscous in the winter) and switched to All F&C Small & Mighty when it first came out. All has gotten much more expensive. I was thinking about buying some Kirkland with the current coupon...

wellyes
10-02-2012, 08:24 AM
I didn't hate it, but I didn't buy it again.

PunkyBoo
10-02-2012, 10:25 AM
We've used Kirkland free & clear for several years. I'm happy with it. I can't tolerate any smell at all on my laundry and have sensitive skin. I've had no problems with it, the giant jug lasts a long time and is priced well.

BabyBearsMom
10-02-2012, 10:26 AM
We use the Kirkland free and clear and like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

:yeahthat: Works for us and i have very sensitive skin

MissyL11
10-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Thanks everyone! My Costco was out of the Free and Clear kind so I will try to get it next time.

AnnieW625
10-02-2012, 02:37 PM
We are currently using it. I usually prefer powder, but this works just fine for us. I pour it from the large container into a smaller Tide Free container. None of us can use regular Tide, but we can use the Kirkland regular powder as well (as well as regular Gain, and regular Cheer). It is very hard for me to buy detergent elsewhere these days because the Costco price is soo good, even on the name brand detergents (Tide, Gain, and Cheer). I wish they would keep Tide Free powder though.

ZeeBaby
10-02-2012, 08:41 PM
We alternate between All free and clear and the Kirkland free and clear. Both work very well. We alternate based on what coupons are available at Costco.

ellies mom
10-02-2012, 09:06 PM
I pour it from the large container into a smaller Tide Free container.

This is such a brilliant idea! I liked the Kirkland Brand but I hate the mess that comes from spigot, so we went back to the smaller Tide bottles with regular caps. And they have to be small enough so I don't feel like I'm going to wrench my shoulder out of its socket pulling the larger one off the shelf so we've been buying it at Target instead. I'm going to have to give refilling the smaller bottle a try. It will be like the best of both worlds. Why didn't I think of that?

azazela
10-02-2012, 09:31 PM
I am heading to Costco and I need more laundry detergent. I currently use All Free and Clear but I am thinking about switching to the Kirkland Free and Clear. If you use the Kirkland brand do you like it? TIA

Missy

I'm using Kirkland Free & Clear right now for the first time and it seems fine. I usually use All Free & Clear, like you, and it is cheaper than Kirkland most of the time IIRC.

melwe
10-02-2012, 09:40 PM
I pour it from the large container into a smaller Tide Free container.

We do this too. Although I will admit, it was DH that thought of this.

dhano923
10-02-2012, 11:59 PM
We use the regular one, not the Free and Clear. It does a great job. We have the bottle in a cabinet over the washer/dryer, and we've gotten in the habit of putting the detergent in the cup, tossing the cup into the wash, and using one of the dirty clothes items to wipe the spigot before putting it in the washer. No drips.