PDA

View Full Version : "Monster" Halloween costume help

PunkyBoo
10-02-2012, 02:18 PM
I asked Boo a few weeks ago what he wants to be for Hallloween and he said "a monster". When I asked for more specifics he said "a scary monster dinosaur dragon!" Uh.... ok. We have a scary t-rex-ish dinosaur head/hat that Punkin wore a few years ago, but the body part of that costume is much too big for Boo. But he definitely wants to use the head. So I need to figure out how to buy or make (keeping in mind I don't sew and don't have anyone that's can sew for me) a monster-dinosaur-dragon body for a 3 year old. And keep in mind that we are in Southern California and it ks often hot on Halloween so the plush Old Navy type costumes won't work for us. I'd rather add a long sleeve shirt under a costume if it gets cold than to have him dripping in sweat. I'm also of the mindset that they only rarely wear costumes again so I prefer not to spend a lot on them. Any ideas to help me?

waitingforgrace
10-02-2012, 02:52 PM
What color is the head/hat you have? Could you maybe post a picture?

PunkyBoo
10-02-2012, 03:03 PM
I can try to post a pic when I get home from work. It's dark green with light green accents and sharp white teeth.

ETA aha! I just googled children's place dinosaur costume and it came right up! So you can see what the head looks like- the kid's face sticks out between the upper & lower jaws. I can't post a link from my kindle but that's how you can see it.