PDA

View Full Version : Shoe goo or return

nupe
10-02-2012, 06:34 PM
I like geox bc they seem to stand up to the wear and play of boys pretty well. Just bought my 8 yo some geox at NR in August. It's been two months and he comes home today and the whole outer sole toward the front has separated! Unbelievable! Should I buy some shoe goo to try and repair, or try to take back as defective? The return policy is 30 days, snd its beyond that. Don't know if I have receipt anymore...or contact geox?

And what do I buy next time if geox literally fell apart on me?

ellies mom
10-02-2012, 06:39 PM
I think two months rates returning. If not to the store then contacting Geox directly. I expect more than two months wear out of shoes especially if they are the nicer brands.

No real advice for another brand. My girls tend to wear Converse and Adidas with the occasional Puma and Vans thrown in. They almost always outgrow their shoes before they completely wear out. My oldest has the Adidas Gazelles from the boys section that have held up really well.

Tondi G
10-02-2012, 06:40 PM
I would contact Geox and explain the situation. Either they will tell you "sorry it's beyond the 30 day return period" or they will try to get you a new pair of shoes. If you bought them from NR then they may be an older style so they may not have the same ones to offer you.

This is what their website has to say

http://www.shopgeox.com/CustomerService.aspx#satisfaction-guaranteed

Good Luck!

LMPC
10-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Sounds like a defect. I would contact Geox directly.

squimp
10-02-2012, 08:32 PM
I don't know what NR is but I would take them back and see what they say. Geox are EXPENSIVE and that is just not acceptable.

WatchingThemGrow
10-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Hey, I bought some Geox at NR in August - navy w/velcro - and on the bottom, the "ox" has fallen off. DS1 was freaked out by it and mentions it periodically. I wonder if I should contact them just to let them know, but I KNOW you should contact them!

ABO Mama
10-02-2012, 08:36 PM
We like keens.

nupe
10-03-2012, 10:25 AM
NR is Norstrom Rack.

The shopgeox number is for shoes bought through shop geox. So after calling multiple numbers, I called 877 862 2681 and picked 2 for customer service and got a person, who said I'll transfer you to retail, and then was tranferred to a voice mail box (with no outgoing message, no less)!! So I left a message. I'll see if anyone calls back, but will try returning to NR in the interim (I do have my receipt)!

And even the New balances from new balance, and Filas from Kohls have worn better!!

Kungjo
10-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Take it to the store and see what they say. It definitely sounds like a defect. They may just let you exchange it. If not, then contact the company directly and see what they say.

If you don't have the receipt, did you charge it? Maybe they will honor it if you bring them your credit card bill?

nupe
10-04-2012, 06:42 AM
I haven't heard back from the voice mail I left at Geox.

I went to NR yesterday with my receipt and asked if they could do anything, and i knew it was past 30 days. I also told her I tried to contact Geox, and that I thought it was a manufacturing defect as the other shoe was okay, and I've had several pairs of Geox before that lasted until my kids outgrew them (which is a long time), with the same wear pattern. The cashier called over a manager and she said I could make an exchange. She did say this was a one time courtesy, and that in the future I should bring them in when I first see a defect, not when they fall apart. (FTR I didn't notice anything amiss until it fell apart.) I couldn't find another pair of geox in his size and didn't want to buy a different brand due to size (and didn't have DS with me) so I ended up with a store credit. That is better than I expected!