PDA

View Full Version : 11 month old ds cries a lot in car seat

diamond
10-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Deleted

edurnemk
10-02-2012, 11:23 PM
DS was like that, the solution: move him to a convertible. I wish I had known that sooner, I'd had switched him at 2 months instead of 11! I thought rear-facing was what bothered him, but no, it was just the seat. He rear-faced in the Boulevard until 3.5 yo without crying. I guess the convertible is more comfortable, less reclined, they have a better view, since it sits higher.

PZMommy
10-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Both of my boys did so much better when they moved from infant seats to convertible seat. I moved them both around 6 months.
Dawn

rin
10-03-2012, 12:01 AM
DS was like that, the solution: move him to a convertible. I wish I had known that sooner, I'd had switched him at 2 months instead of 11! I thought rear-facing was what bothered him, but no, it was just the seat. He rear-faced in the Boulevard until 3.5 yo without crying. I guess the convertible is more comfortable, less reclined, they have a better view, since it sits higher.

:yeahthat:

DD1 used to scream bloody murder in her carseat (Chicco Keyfit). It was awful. I would cry while driving because her screaming was so horrible. We switched her to a convertible at about 6 months, and it was like night and day. She's still happily rearfacing now at 2.5, but I think she just hated the curvature of the bucket seat.

If DD2 hadn't turned out to love the bucket seat, we were seriously ready to buy DD2 a convertible as a newborn. Since you already have the Boulevard, give it a shot!

okinawama
10-03-2012, 12:09 AM
we moved both my kids out of the bucket/infant seat around 3-4 months old because they screamed blue murder every time time we went on a car ride. Moving my boys into Britax Boulevards things improved greatly! Neither of them love car rides, and they've never been ones to sleep in the car, but they at least don't scream the entire time anymore.

ArizonaGirl
10-03-2012, 12:30 AM
My son hated the infant bucket and was a much happier child in the Britax RA when we moved him over. It cant hurt to try since you already own the Britax.