PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosis me please: full body muscle pains?

Nechums
10-03-2012, 06:11 AM
I feel like I just ran a marathon, even though I did no unusual activity. Every muscle in my body aches. It's been like this for two days already. I'm 38.5 weeks pregnant, but not certain it's related. I also just got the flu shot one week ago. Has anybody had full body muscle pains like this for multiple days? It doesn't seem to be subsiding. Going to my doctor today, but I imagine she'll just say I overdid something and not take me seriously.

catsnkid
10-03-2012, 02:12 PM
My guess would be dehydration.

mommyoftwo
10-03-2012, 03:25 PM
This is probably an unlikely scenario for you but that is what happened to me when I developed fibromyalgia. It was a very acute onset. I started off the day just fine and by the end of the day even laying in bed felt like agony. It was really horrific. I improved some over the next few weeks but really didn't get good relief until I started taking medication for it.

I wouldn't panic yet and dehydration could be contributing to it. You can occasionally develop flu like symptoms after the flu shot but if that is the case, you should start feeling better soon. I hope your doctor is helpful and can figure out what is going on.

ahisma
10-03-2012, 03:26 PM
I get that from the flu shot. Every single time. It started about 4 years ago, prior to that I never had a reaction.

Since you're pregnant I'd check with a doc, but my guess would be the flu shot.

Tondi G
10-03-2012, 03:28 PM
My first thought when reading the title was "coming down with the flu?"

I bet it's the flu shot. Hydrate and rest when you can. You can always take a dose of tylenol and see if that will help take the edge off.

Hope you feel better soon!

cntrymoon2
10-03-2012, 04:29 PM
I've had the same reaction about a week after getting a flu shot. Sometimes I'm fine, sometimes it feels like I've been hit by a truck for a couple days.

SnuggleBuggles
10-03-2012, 04:37 PM

I bet it's the flu shot. Hydrate and rest when you can. You can always take a dose of tylenol and see if that will help take the edge off.

:yeahthat: It's happened to dh post flu shot too. And he wonders why I'm not keen to get one? Feel better!!!

Nechums
10-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Thanks all. Just as I suspected...the doctor completely belittled my symptoms giving me the whole "you can't get the flu from the flu shot" speech. Regardless, I hope this goes away before I go into labor. I'm feeling slightly better, but things tend to get worse at night, especially after lying in bed for a few hours.

sariana
10-03-2012, 05:45 PM

:yeahthat: from me too.

Sorry the doctor was an idiot.