PDA

View Full Version : Have we talked new fall shows yet?

amldaley
10-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Just got caught up on "Go On" and "The New Normal" and I really like both of them.

Tried to get in to "The Mindy Project" and I just can't quite dig it.

What new shows are you watching?

MMMommy
10-03-2012, 05:37 PM
We've recorded a bunch, but haven't watched them yet. Also have set to record some that haven't yet aired.

The one that we've watched already and liked is "Elementary" with Lucy Liu and Jonny Lee Miller.

Ben & Kate and Go On have been entertaining.

Saw the pilot of "The Mindy Project" and thought it was just ok. I expect it to get better.

New shows we recorded/will record, but haven't seen yet -

Revolution
Last Resort
666 Park Avenue
Arrow
Beauty and the Beast
Nashville

wellyes
10-03-2012, 05:46 PM
I like Ben & Kate, but every time I saw that title, I thought it was about Kate Gosselin.

I like The Mindy Project way better than I thought I would based on commercials.

The New Normal left me indifferent. Ellen Barkin playing a sane Cloris Leachman?

Go On - meh. Didn't hate it, but, if I never saw it again I wouldn't notice.

Corie
10-03-2012, 06:07 PM
I've taped a bunch but I've only watched three.

Go On- I really like this one.

The New Normal- Cannot stand it.

Ben & Kate- like this one too.

SoloMelody
10-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Enjoyed The New Normal, The Mindy Project and Ben and Kate....will I continue watching them....dont know, might just become filler shows....

I am all about SciFi loved Revolution and season 2 of Alphas.

Also currently watching Dancing With the Stars All Stars, Project Runway and Americas Next Top Model.....jeez thats a lot of reality shows! DD watches Dancing and Runway with me.

MelissaTC
10-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Favorite new show so far is Last Resort on ABC. We only saw the one episode but it sucked us in. I'm already tired of Revolution. I liked Vegas but DH did not.

sntm
10-03-2012, 07:38 PM
I like Elementary but it's a poor substitute for Sherlock on PBS. Mindy project is cute - I'll give it a few episodes. Watched Ben and Kate on demand when bored and it was amusing

elbenn
10-03-2012, 07:41 PM
The Last Resort was pretty good.

missym
10-03-2012, 08:20 PM
We tried 2 episodes of Revolution and gave up, it was so bad. I can't even get DH to keep watching it for the entertainment value of the TWoP recaps. :( Ah well, Walking Dead starts in 2 weeks!

smiles33
10-03-2012, 08:24 PM
We loved Last Resort (Andre Braugher rocks!) and are meh about Revolution. Will watch one more episode but the daughter annoys me. Speaking of being annoyed, I'm already finding some of the Amazing Race teams super annoying, so I'm not sure how this season will be. Was not intrigued by Elementary--the Sherlock character just annoyed me.

Yeah, I seem to be generally annoyed by the fall season shows! I'm usually not so cranky!

fivi2
10-03-2012, 08:34 PM
We have watched two of Revolution. Not sure how much longer I'll give it.

We recorded Last Resort, but haven't watched.

Watched Elementary - didn't like it. I already don't care for Johnny Lee Miller, and felt this version of the character was
too reminiscent of Psych and it's copycat ;) The Mentalist.

I might record Arrow if I can remember when it comes on... Not sure what else is out there.

zukeypur
10-03-2012, 09:13 PM
I loved the Mindy Project!

SoloMelody
10-05-2012, 01:37 AM
Enjoyed The New Normal, The Mindy Project and Ben and Kate....will I continue watching them....dont know, might just become filler shows....

I am all about SciFi loved Revolution and season 2 of Alphas.

Also currently watching Dancing With the Stars All Stars, Project Runway and Americas Next Top Model.....jeez thats a lot of reality shows! DD watches Dancing and Runway with me.

I take it back, by the third episode of revolution, I am tired of watching fights....

Just got sucked into 666 park avenue.
Off to watch last resort........

TwinFoxes
10-05-2012, 05:55 AM
We tried 2 episodes of Revolution and gave up, it was so bad. I can't even get DH to keep watching it for the entertainment value of the TWoP recaps.

That's one more than I watched. I thought it was embarrassingly bad, and I had been really looking forward to it. I couldn't get past the fact that electricity had disappeared. I thought there had been a war or something, and the power grid was damaged. But nope, electricity just disappeared. That's like saying gravity disappeared.

So far nothing is must see for me. Mob Doctor was bad, although the first episode had a good ending. I like Jordana Spiro, but maybe she should stick to comedy. Go On is funny, but not hilarious. New Normal tries too hard. I keep missing The Mindy Project. I also want to watch The Last Resort and Elementary. And I'm really hoping Nashville will be good!

I think the season has been pretty meh. Lots of mediocrity.

Not a new show, but I'm worried Revenge may have jumped the shark.

momm
10-05-2012, 06:52 AM
Gah! I really wanted to like the New Normal but can't stand it!!

I was so-so about the Mindy Project but decided to give it another shot, and am glad I did. I think it's going to pick up.

anonomom
10-05-2012, 07:52 AM
I really like Go On, and keep seeing bits of the New Normal because our DVR tapes for a few extra minutes. It looks funny, but I still haven't remembered actually to tape a whole episode.

Am watching Partners, but don't really like it. It's entertaining, but the main character is so unlikeable that I can't figure out why the rest of the characters hang out with him. I can see it getting old fast.

Revolution is so-so. I'm looking forward to Nashville and Arrow.

amldaley
10-05-2012, 10:15 AM
We tried Vegas last night on On Demand. Couldn't get through it - it seems like a better premise for a film rather than a show.

sntm
10-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Just started Call the midwife on PBS - excellent! Fills some of the Downton Abbey hole.

AnnieW625
10-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Right now I have just seen Last Resort. It is okay, but ep. 2 was better than ep. 1. I have the pilots of Elementary, and Vegas on my DVR. I am going to watch Nashville on abc.com. I might check out Arrow, and Emily Owens, MD. .