PDA

View Full Version : Hair cut help...for me!

wendibird22
10-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Getting my hair cut on Saturday. I'm a petite gal with tiny features. I wear a child's size hat to give you perspective. I've had short hair pretty much my entire life. I love it but the thing that gets hard is not looking like you've had the same hair cut for a decade. I don't want to be "stuck" in a look but yet, there just isn't that much flexibility with short cuts. I had a very short pixie for a long time. About 2 years ago I grew out longer layers on top and it flips a bit on the sides and back. I've liked it a bit longer but sometimes worry that it looks to mullet-ish in the back, and there are days where it just seems to hang and not do anything. I can't do bobs or wedges. I've tried and they just look too much for my small face.

I usually go 6 wks between cuts now that it's longer but I moved my appt up a week this time because a week ago it looked like junk and I was ready to shave it bald. I'm also concerned that it's been this same style for 2yrs and wondering about going back to a pixie 'do like Anne Hathaway, Gennifer Goodwin, Michelle Williams, etc. So, can you guys lend me an opinion. DH is no help. I have a dense head of hair (she always hacks it up with thinning shears to lighten it up a bit) and it has a lot of natural wave to it.

**Pictures removed**

If I go pixie I'll keep it a longer layer top I think. If I keep it as is, is there anything different I can do with it?

I've been pinning all sorts of ideas: https://pinterest.com/wendibird22/hair-ideas/

mytwosons
10-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Probably not what you want to hear, but I think it looks great as-is! Very cute and very flattering!

happymom
10-04-2012, 11:39 AM
I don't have any experience with short cuts, but from what you pinned, I really like this one-
https://pinterest.com/pin/196891814930401719/

Its very different than your old short cut because the hair is drawn downwards in a softer way, and I think that could look great on you!

PunkyBoo
10-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Probably not what you want to hear, but I think it looks great as-is! Very cute and very flattering!

ITA. The longer layers on top look great on you, very soft and feminine.

wellyes
10-04-2012, 02:01 PM
LOVE your current cut! I wish I could pull that off.

boolady
10-04-2012, 03:06 PM
LOVE your current cut! I wish I could pull that off.

Me, too. If you want to keep it short, I say the way it is right now or a short pixie-- shorter than in the first photo.

BabbyO
10-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Do you have a stylist that you trust, understands your hair, and gets the kind of time/committment you have to styling it?

I'd ask your stylist. Let her know ahead of time. Give her a call and leave a message tonight and tell her you're looking for something new that works with your hair and is easy to style/take x minutes/ you can handle....

I do this with my stylist now all the time. I tell her I need something that I can style in about 5 minutes. I wash my hair every other day, so one day it has to be wash n go ready or take less than 3 min to style with a blow dryer. The second day (unwashed) I have about 5-7 min to style.

She's come up with my favorite syles and especially now that she's a mom, too...she really gets that I mean 5 min...no 10 or 15...and that I likely have 2 kids tugging on my legs as I'm doing it!

I won't pretend to understand what sort of cuts will and won't work in my hair just by looking at a picture....I trust my stylist to give me some guidance.