PDA

View Full Version : Need Quick Advice: Publishing Baby Info, WWYD

amldaley
10-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Director of DD1's PS wants to publish a baby arrivals list going back to cover summer births and also new joins to the school (so people get to know us). DD2 is 7 months old already, so I thought it odd but I am sure she is trying to be nice.

She wants full name and DOB for the PS newsletter. I feel a little weird giving that info to strangers. We did not publish in the paper when DD2 was born.

Am I being an overly secure stick in the mud? She needs an answer this afternoon.

WWYD?

ha98ed14
10-04-2012, 03:03 PM
If all it will say is, "Anna Marie, born 8/12/2011." then I would be fine with it. If it was, "Mr. and Mrs. Tom Smith of AnywhereTown are happy to welcome their new baby girl, Anna Marie Smith, born 8/12/11 at St. Vincent's. She joins big sister Isabel and big brother Billy." then I would probably not include it. TMI for my liking!

boolady
10-04-2012, 03:04 PM
I don't think you are. I don't know why they can't do something that says "in February, DD1firstname welcomed baby sister DD2firstname."

I see no need whatsoever for complete birthdates or first and last names, but I'm very protective of personal identifying information.

amldaley
10-04-2012, 03:06 PM
See, I don't actually know how it will be used. Seems so odd they want to announce the birth of a seven month old...

ha98ed14
10-04-2012, 03:09 PM
See, I don't actually know how it will be used. Seems so odd they want to announce the birth of a seven month old...

Just skip it then. The parents who "know" you from drop off and pick up will see you are sporting a new baby. If they want to congratulate you, they will! :) The teachers will know because DD will be talking about her baby sister.

AnnieW625
10-04-2012, 03:09 PM
I would probably do that. I would be fine with a quick blurb in a newsletter that read something like this:

Emma Grace in classroom 5 has a baby sister Erika and she was born on Feb._, 2012. Welcome to your new school.

wellyes
10-04-2012, 03:17 PM
I would probably do that. I would be fine with a quick blurb in a newsletter that read something like this:

Emma Grace in classroom 5 has a baby sister Erika and she was born on Feb._, 2012. Welcome to your new school.
:yeahthat:
You can just provide first name and month of birth. If she objects, you can ask for details of how the info will be used.

amldaley
10-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the advice, ladies.

I responded with:

We're a little bit of sticks in the mud when it comes to security. Would it be ok to just use Jane Smith, February, 2012? If not, I understand and thank you for wanting to include us. We're just sort of fuddy duddys about publishing full names and DOB's.

Thanks either way,
A-M

LMPC
10-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Sounds fine to me. :thumbsup:

Snow mom
10-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the advice, ladies.

I responded with:

We're a little bit of sticks in the mud when it comes to security. Would it be ok to just use Jane Smith, February, 2012? If not, I understand and thank you for wanting to include us. We're just sort of fuddy duddys about publishing full names and DOB's.

Thanks either way,
A-M

I hope you aren't claiming DD2 is named Jane Smith :ROTFLMAO: