PDA

View Full Version : Who would you contact?

SnuggleBuggles
10-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Ds1 raised an excellent point. When you go on Verizon Fios On Demand, ads play in the upper corner while you browse menus. Well, they often show ads for R rated movies. The horror movie ads scare both of the kids. I see no parental control to change it. My guess us that it just wasn't considered when creating On Demand. Ds1 has been navigating On Demand for years. Who would you contact at Verizon to actually get someone to read this concern and talk to me?

elektra
10-04-2012, 06:39 PM
I might start with just their general Customer Service line, and then I would try and contact someone in their Marketing/Advertising as well as PR departments.
I would also contact the actual advertiser.

Honestly, I would not expect a change :/ but at least you can get your complaint on record.

hillview
10-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Facebook and twitter as well

applebutter
10-05-2012, 05:16 PM
I been complaining to them for years about it. Good luck. :banghead:

SnuggleBuggles
10-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I'm not expecting change, though it sure would be nice! A parental control saying show only G and PG movie previews, for example.

TwinFoxes
10-05-2012, 08:26 PM
It's actually a problem in theaters. I think it was Ebert who wrote a piece on it a few years ago. Even if the trailer is "approved for all audiences" some seem scary.

niccig
10-05-2012, 08:47 PM
It's actually a problem in theaters. I think it was Ebert who wrote a piece on it a few years ago. Even if the trailer is "approved for all audiences" some seem scary.

I was taking to DH about this as he makes trailers. The trailers do have to get approval before they can be shown and he makes trailers aimed at certain audiences. The ratings though doesn't always make sense eg. farting wasn't allowed but something scary is allowed. It's the same with movies, we've seen some PG-13 that are fine and others I would never let DS watch.

I know the studios want to get their trailer before a movie with similar audience. On demand though, I think there's no control from the studios. Those trailers are often different to what you see on TV and in the theaters.

Clarity
10-05-2012, 09:16 PM
This is a Time Warner problem too. When dd1 was 2yo I was searching for a gentle Little Bear episode on On Demand. While I scrolled through the channels, trucks were blowing up in giant firebombs on the preview screen in the corner. I actually made my child turn around so as not to see the screen while I searched for her show.

It's simply awful. It's the same as showing Vampire Diaries (or was it True Blood?) commercials during the Macy's Parade or the terrible commercials they aired during the Olympics. That's why the only non-PBS cable channel my children are allowed to watch is the Food Network. Everything else is closely monitored and commercials are usually muted.

wildfire
10-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Comcast does it, too. I navigate On Demand as quickly as possible, and if it's something bad I mute the TV and try to distract the kids.

And don't get me started on commercials during football games. It would be nice to feel like we can watch sporting events with the kids, but the commercials can be terrible.