PDA

View Full Version : *updated* Ups

infomama
10-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Well...the box showed up in my mailbox. FAR from my garage so I'm thinking a nice neighbor but it in there or the UPS guy was too lazy to come up the drive. In any case...I'm happy!

__________________________________________________ ______________
They say they delivered my package and it's not here. Every person I talk to asks me the same thing ....“ did you walk around the garage?“
Uh, YA dumbass....that's where it is supposed to be! Now the investigation starts and my 2 day delivery is going to become a two week investigation! This has never happened to me before.
Crap!

LizLemon
10-05-2012, 01:19 AM
How odd.

This happened to me yesterday, except from Fed Ex. (The 5 or so packages I had shipped via UPS all arrived unscathed.)

jerigirl
10-05-2012, 11:24 AM
I had this happen with the postal service. After a week or so it was resolved. The mailman delivered it to a house a few streets over and they were out of town for a week. When they returned, they walked my package over. Give it a day or two and maybe the person it was delivered too will return it to UPS or contact you. Sorry! That stinks.

mmommy
10-05-2012, 11:28 AM
I had this happen a few months ago. I had to contact the folks who shipped the package and they filed a claim and were nice enough to send me a new package. We never did find out what happened to the original, so I hope your missing package is something replacable.

ChristinaLucia
10-05-2012, 11:30 AM
One time the UPS driver left it in some tricky place in my garage. I filed a claim and found it a week later.

AshUVA
10-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Confirm they sent it to the correct address. I just had a package go to an old address (haven't lived there in 5 years!). I had even confirmed my current address when I placed the order, but they said a "system error" put in the old address. I had to wait for FedEx to attempt to pick it up from the old address three times before the company sent out a new item. It was a bummer because the whole thing took an extra week to get.

Globetrotter
10-05-2012, 12:54 PM
This just happened to me, except it was USPS and an Amazon order (third party vendor). It says delivered but I never saw the package.

They are sending another one, though I was expecting to put up a fight. I wonder if they claimed this?? But can you claim it if it was tracked as delivered?

jal
10-05-2012, 01:48 PM
This just happened to me, except it was USPS and an Amazon order (third party vendor). It says delivered but I never saw the package.

They are sending another one, though I was expecting to put up a fight. I wonder if they claimed this?? But can you claim it if it was tracked as delivered?

Unless you signed for it, how can they prove the item was delivered to you?

I know in other forums I've heard others say that while you can pay for "delivery confirmation" from the post office, that the paper work basically gets signed as "delivered" the moment the post office get the item (i.e. the post man isn't waiting until he is at your house to sign paper work saying a package was delivered).

So in the end, unless signature confirmation is requested, it is impossible to KNOW if a package was properly delivered.

Snow mom
10-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Unless you signed for it, how can they prove the item was delivered to you?

I know in other forums I've heard others say that while you can pay for "delivery confirmation" from the post office, that the paper work basically gets signed as "delivered" the moment the post office get the item (i.e. the post man isn't waiting until he is at your house to sign paper work saying a package was delivered).

So in the end, unless signature confirmation is requested, it is impossible to KNOW if a package was properly delivered.

The mailman scans the package as they drop it off. The same is true of the UPS driver. However, if they scan it as they drop it off at the wrong address it still will be listed as "delivered." Hope you can track down your package asap, OP. It's definitely worth checking in with the company that shipped the item as well to see if I replacement could be sent out in the mean time.

Globetrotter
10-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Our mail carrier is always delivering things to the wrong address, so I wonder if that happened. However, we have a neighborhood watch now so I know most of our neighbors and imagine they would have told me if this happened.

LizLemon
10-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Not to highjack the thread here, but since the OP's package showed up and mine is still missing...Any advice?

I am initially contacting FedEx, since that is what the opaque Amazon help page says to do. (There does not seem to be a way to contact Amazon and tell them that the shipment didn't arrive, at least that I can see.) In the meantime FedEx is asking me ridiculous questions such as what does the package look like. I don't know. You have seen it - I haven't!

LizLemon
10-05-2012, 08:05 PM
double post. sorry!

jacksmomtobe
10-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Glad you found your package. Recently we had a package delivered while we were away by smart post which is FedEx but they deliver it to the USPS to deliver to the actual home. I had my neighbor picking up 2 other packages that were bring delivered the same day as this one was. Originally I had her checking for the package before I realized how smart post works. When we came back I picked up our held mail from the post office. After I brought the mail home I realized that the package was not among my mail. So I printed out the delivery confirmation and went back to the post office the next day. They were like "it was delivered". I says yes I know, it was "delivered" here because you were holding my mail! They said oh we'll talk to your carrier when he comes back in & call you. As it turns out the package had fallen down in the post office so they found it. I was glad I had been looking out for this package and that i was able to provide a delivery confirmation otherwise who knows when it would have been found.

glbb35
10-07-2012, 02:47 PM
two years ago we ordered a tire sled thing from Amazon. It was shipped two day service and showed it was delivered. We looked for it everywhere and after a week, Amazon sent another one. A month or so later as the snow was melting in the brushes between our house and a neighbors, I noticed a small box. It was our original order. It was a pump up tire thing and it was in a tiny, heavy box. I guess the driver didn't' want to walk it down to the house as usual (which is near the road!) and the driver must have thrown it towards our mailbox and it just landed in the bushy area between the houses. Def. not our regular delivery driver as he always puts everything on our large front porch. Dumba$$ but now we have two of them as I was not about to return the second one due to their error. Not to mention the bush I had to replace in the spring b/c they broke the base of it with the box.

IT is frustrating when they don't take the time to do things properly. Coming into the holidays with all the ordering I track every package and make sure we get everything. Last Christmas, DS#3's big gift was delivered to a completely different street address, two neighborhoods away. Thankfully this nice old man came and knocked on our door and passed it to us. They had thrown it on his porch. I told him how happy this would make our little boy and wished him a Merry Christmas and that he was a great Santa Elf.

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09, 7/11