PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me I'm not the only one--SO EXCITED when DCs don't have school...

bisous
10-05-2012, 01:12 AM
I find days that I have to get both DS1 and DS2 to school with all their required permission slips, homework assignments, special luncheon requests, "crazy hat day" costumes, bring something yellow and small special assignments etc. to be SO much harder than having the kids at home all day.

Tomorrow DS1 has to go in for his big endo workup in the heart of LA and I'm taking my three kids. It isn't going to be a picnic but it is so much less stressful than getting everything ready for school! I just feel so relieved!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way??

Tondi G
10-05-2012, 01:54 AM
I with you! While I don't love the bickering and fighting that comes with having my kids home all summer, I would take that any day to not have to deal with getting everyone outta bed, breakfast, lunches packed, shoes on everyone, making sure everyone has their homework in their backpacks .... then one off to middle school in carpool and then driving my DS2 to elementary school. Then there are 2 pick ups in the afternoon. Then the evenings with all the homework and studying and projects. I wish I had the ability and patience to home school .... it would make my life SOOO much easier!

Good luck on your excursion into my neck of the woods tomorrow! Keep in mind Friday traffic is awful .... more of a pain than usual.... give yourself some extra time. AND if your appt. ends after 3:30 I would suggest trying to find something to do for the evening and driving home after the traffic dies down a bit.