PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the advance notice

ilfaith
10-05-2012, 09:15 AM
I would like to thank the boys' school for the advance notice. Last night at 9 pm, after the kids were all asleep, I checked my email to find messages, sent in the late afternoon/early evening by both boys' teachers, that students are to wear pink shirts today for breast cancer awareness.

While this probably isn't an issue for the girls at the school, I wonder how many boys will comply with this request. Neither of my boys owns a pink shirt (although in the past they have had pink polos or dress shirts) and given the late notice, there certainly wasn't time to buy them (never mind the fact that pink for boys is generally found in stores exclusively for the spring Easter collections).

One friend did suggest I just wash a couple of white tee shirts on hot with something red. Voila...pink shirts!

mommylamb
10-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Oh, that would have totally pissed me off. We had something similar happen (they were told to all wear purple, which we didn't have), but at least the purple day was on a Monday, so I had all weekend to get DS1 a purple shirt (not that he needed a new shirt, but whatever). Your situation is worse though. Not fair.

BabbyO
10-05-2012, 11:21 AM
I wouldn't have gotten the message until this morning. If email is sent anytime after about 4 pm...there is a good chance I won't get it until the next day. I sit infront of a computer all day. I'm NOT going to turn one on at home unless I HAVE to.

ABO Mama
10-05-2012, 11:38 AM
I would pin on a pink ribbon, and call it good.

Jacksmommy2b
10-05-2012, 11:40 AM
This happened to me this week too!

2 days notice to wear gold. What 6 y/o boy has gold in his wardrobe? (which probably wouldn't have been as big a deal if I didn't have a newborn and no plans to go shopping.)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

AngB
10-05-2012, 04:39 PM
The whole pink thing gets on my nerves (I probably wouldn't be able to resist asking why they didn't have a light blue shirt day for prostate cancer awareness month in September..), but that's an entirely different BP.

I like the ribbon idea the best. Unless DS wants to wear pink, I won't be wasting my money on a pink shirt for him for one day...or ruining a white shirt!

Corie
10-05-2012, 04:49 PM
I would pin on a pink ribbon, and call it good.

This is what I was thinking too.