PDA

View Full Version : Costco returns

zukeypur
10-05-2012, 09:38 AM
How long is too long to own something before you return it because of problems? My Costco told me about a family that had a big wooden playset for several years before they returned it for a refund because they "didn't like it". I bought a Keurig 12-29-10, but its been acting up for several months. I would really like to return it for a new one, as I expect a $170 coffee maker to last longer than 1.5 years. Is it wrong to return it?

wellyes
10-05-2012, 09:39 AM
It is not wrong to return it. Costco's fantastic return policy is why I shop there in the first place.

TwoBees
10-05-2012, 09:42 AM
I'd contact Costco and ask them about it. I'd personally be hesitant to return something used after that long of a time, but maybe you can work something out with them where they'll give you a GC or a discount towards the purchase of a new one.

zukeypur
10-05-2012, 09:46 AM
That's why I bought it there. I actually returned one purchased at sears so that I could buy it at Costco because they are notorious for breaking. I called them a couple of days ago and they had no problem with the return.

wellyes
10-05-2012, 09:50 AM
For what it's worth, my 9 month old Keurig is acting up, and I am thinking of returning it to Kohls. 9 months for a $100+ machine is ridiculous. Kohls has a fairly good return policy too.

mytwosons
10-05-2012, 09:58 AM
FWIW, before we had a costco open near us, my folks would buy us things from the store near them. I had them pick me up a pur water filter that attaches to the faucet. After just over a year, it developed a crack in a location that made it obvious the crack was due to poor manufacturing. My dad went to return it, and his costco refused because it was over a year old. I was shocked when he told me.

mommylamb
10-05-2012, 10:56 AM
My mother returned her Costco-purchased Keurig for similar reasons.

IMO, I don't think they should have returned the swing set just because they could and they didn't like it any longer. If there was a safety issue, that's different.

zukeypur
10-05-2012, 11:50 AM
I totally agree about the swing set. Think they enjoyed it with their kids for a few years and then took advantage of Costco, or they had buyers remorse after the kids didn't play with it.

IMO, the Keurig is different. It gets used daily, multiples times a day, but I still don't think it should be failing. The cuisinart has a 3 year warranty, so I'm considering getting a refund and going for that one.