PDA

View Full Version : am at my limit!!

♥ms.pacman♥
10-05-2012, 09:37 PM
DH has been OOT all week. i had a big job interview yesterday that lasted 7 hours or so...after i got home i got to rest for exactly 45 minutes before kiddos woke up and i had to schlep them to the mall to get a present for my niece..where of course they were on their worst behavior. we are supposed to go on a 7 hour roadtrip tomorrow and haven't packed a single thing or gotten anything ready. my kids have already watched an insane amount of television and are on my very last nerve. i have yelled several times at the kiddos already today, and i feel horrible about it but i just am at my freaking limit. the kiddos have had watched an exorbitant amount of television, eaten PB&J or Lunchables for dinner..i already feel like a rotten mom.

to top it off....had an awful headache all afternoon (probably from lack of sleep, exhaustion),,then DH's flight got delayed by half an hour, then got delayed at taxi, and now the car that he left at the airport won't start! OMFG. he was supposed to be here already, was going to put the kids to bed and now he has to wait and see if he can find somebody to help jump is car. OMG, kill me now.

I wish there was some bedtime fairy i could call in to put my kiddos to bed. I am just so tired, of the fights, the screaming, the finally getting one toddler to bed only to get woken up by the other's shouting, then me yelling at said toddler for making my life miserable...ARGH. I cannot handle anymore. :cry:

What's bad is that we are supposed to drop the kiddos at the ILs for the weekend, so DH can have the first weekend alone together. i just hope i am able to actually enjoy it, because right now i could just collapse. and there is still so much more to do (dishes, packing, etc). :(

speo
10-05-2012, 09:59 PM
That is so much to deal with and is so hard. Lots of :grouphug:. I am sure once you are away with just your DH you will feel a lot better. And then I bet you will feel even better by the time you come home to your kids. I hope the rest is smoot sailing. ;)

twowhat?
10-05-2012, 10:27 PM
:hug: I hope you get to relax and enjoy the weekend, even if it's just to sleep. Don't feel bad about yelling. For real. We all do it and feel like we're rotten parents. But you're not.

echoesofspring
10-05-2012, 11:05 PM
At some point you're going to have to shout from the roof

I DID IT!!!

You got through it! I hope the interview went well and that your weekend is full of drinks and massages :)

carolinamama
10-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Hang in there! Hopefully soon you will be enjoying a child-free weekend and be able to recharge. We've all been there - pb&j and lots of tv. It's okay to do what you have to do so you can get through.

queenmama
10-07-2012, 11:33 AM
I hope you're enjoying a little R&R! You sure deserve some!