PDA

View Full Version : Birthday - Creative how to?

DietCokeLover
10-05-2012, 10:49 PM
DD and DS will have a shared birthday party this year. I am thinking of having it at an indoor swimming pool (late November). I asked DD what she was wanting - she says a unicorn cake. DS says he wants a "rock guitar cake that isn't black or brown".

Ummm... how do I combine swimming, unicorns and guitars?

rin
10-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Can you do one cake for each of them, so just a cake w/a unicorn for DD and one in the shape of a guitar for DS? And then just do non-themey stuff for the favors/napkins/etc, or maybe just do a color theme?

lalasmama
10-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Guitar cake for DS--it's lime green.

Unicorn cake for DD--maybe some hot pink on it, or a bright yellow.

Paper products are lime green and hot pink or bright yellow so the boys couldn't whine about a pink napkin ;)

Getting swimming into it could be tough, but I don't think the theme necessarily has to go with an activity like swimming. Similarly, I wouldn't think, "Gee, that was sucky planning!" if a family had a JJ Jump party with a Rapunzel theme, or a zoo party with a rock-star theme!

bigsis
10-06-2012, 02:01 PM

Paper products are lime green and hot pink or bright yellow so the boys couldn't whine about a pink napkin ;)

Getting swimming into it could be tough, but I don't think the theme necessarily has to go with an activity like swimming. Similarly, I wouldn't think, "Gee, that was sucky planning!" if a family had a JJ Jump party with a Rapunzel theme, or a zoo party with a rock-star theme!

I'm with her 100% :)

crl
10-06-2012, 05:19 PM

I agree.

Catherine