PDA

View Full Version : One King's Lane

mommy111
10-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Anyone here know of this website? I'm kinda in love :love5: but everything is so expensive!! I need furniture and would love to be able to afford this!
So any of you know anything about this website? Tell me its a rip off, tell me its over-priced, anything to keep me from wanting to buy their beautiful furniture and rug options that I will not buy because I can't afford it :)

elbenn
10-05-2012, 11:07 PM
I like One King's Lane, but like you I haven't bought anything from them. It's fun to browse their site. Joss and Main is another good one. There was one piece of furniture I wanted on J&M, but I didn't buy it. It turns out it was a really good price compared to buying it anywhere else. Do you have any particular pieces you want? Maybe fellow BBBers could help you find more affordable options.

3isEnough
10-05-2012, 11:26 PM
I've purchased several things on OKL, but as you said they can still be a bit pricey and the shipping isn't cheap. But there are things I've purchased there that would be much more expensive elsewhere (original prints, John Robshaw textiles, some vases).

If I really, really love something there I put it in my cart right away (things sell out very quickly there so putting it in your cart gives you 15 mins to decide) and then I price shop online to see if it really is a good deal or not. If it is, then go for it!

The thing I like about them is that I think they do a nice job curating really nice furnishings, accessories and the like. The thing I don't like is they're not cheap ;)

mommy111
10-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Ooohh, thank you for the Joss and Main idea. Not anything particular I like, we're just furnishing the new place and the French-antique-style stuff is very much my style and there is a lot of that on OKL. Wish I had the money, but I think it'll be one small piece here and one small piece there for me to pull our house together

cilantromapuche
10-06-2012, 05:24 AM
We bought some great leather club chairs. They were cheaper and better uality than anything we could find around here.