PDA

View Full Version : R.S.V.P. frustration!

ourbabygirl
10-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Is there a way to check who's seen our Evite? I think we used to be able to see who's viewed our Evite invitation once we've logged in. Doesn't look like we can still do that?
We're having a party in a few weeks and haven't heard back from hardly anyone that we've invited. Just not sure what our next step should be- don't want to harass people, but I want a better idea of who might be coming, or at least make sure everyone has seen the evite.

Aarggh... I should have known better and just spent the money and done paper invites. It's just so frustrating that people can't r.s.v.p. and give us any response, it wouldn't bother me if it's a 'maybe' or a 'no!'

If you've had problems with people r.s.v.p.ing to your parties, do you send a reminder e-mail a certain amount of time before the party?

Thanks for your help!

wendmatt
10-05-2012, 11:01 PM
As far as I can tell, few people rsvp nowdays. I think it's terribly rude. I really do try to reply to all of dd's invites (not that she gets tons, but she does get a few), especially as I've read the frustration people have had. HOpe you hear something soon. I don't think it's too rude to send a reminder saying you are just checking b/c you want to make food plans.

Melbel
10-05-2012, 11:01 PM
I have been getting invitations designed on etsy. I am a traditionalist who prefers printed/mailed invitations on card stock, but like having the digital file to send as an email reminder for those I have not heard from as the event gets closer. Evite is so convenient, but it seems like there are too many glitches to rely upon it.

For DD1's 11th birthday party, we ended with everyone replying in a timely manner without the need for the followup email (about 27 invited, so a large party for us). It was refreshing for a change!

mik8
10-05-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm a traditionalist so I've never done Evite, however I wouldn't hesitate to email for follow-up.

janine
10-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Is there a way to check who's seen our Evite? I think we used to be able to see who's viewed our Evite invitation once we've logged in. Doesn't look like we can still do that?
We're having a party in a few weeks and haven't heard back from hardly anyone that we've invited. Just not sure what our next step should be- don't want to harass people, but I want a better idea of who might be coming, or at least make sure everyone has seen the evite.

Aarggh... I should have known better and just spent the money and done paper invites. It's just so frustrating that people can't r.s.v.p. and give us any response, it wouldn't bother me if it's a 'maybe' or a 'no!'

If you've had problems with people r.s.v.p.ing to your parties, do you send a reminder e-mail a certain amount of time before the party?

Thanks for your help!

I would think you can see who viewed it - maybe it's a feature you need to enable. You could call and ask them (evite).
We recently did an email invite (not evite) because the place we were doing the party at encouraged it and was included in the package. I am a traditionalist too but went with it (the young girl at the desk told me it was the 21st century so of course felt about 80).

Don't think I'd do it again though as it was so stressful...I felt like a single girl checking my phone wondering if it was working. I ended up having to follow up, harrass a bit, but finally got our desired # of kids. Turned out a few people's emails were wrong, but nothing was kicked back. I also had 2 people not even open the email.

So first I'd get the "see who viewed" feature on. Then yes send the follow up email, just be careful evite doesn't too automatically! Good luck..non rsvp'ers are a PIA.

Tenasparkl
10-05-2012, 11:52 PM
You should be able to see who viewed the invite with evite. You can't tell if they saw the email, but lists the last time the invitation was viewed by each person.

HannaAddict
10-06-2012, 01:36 AM
We are having a party tomorrow and actually had no RSVP issues, amazing it seems. You can also see the last time the Evite was viewed when logged in as the host. If the event was a few weeks away, I wouldn't expect RSVP's unless it was for a wedding or similar event. I think birthday party invites often come in the week before unless you have a special event and need a headcount early. We are doing horseback riding lessons and I thought I'd be chasing people down, but had a good experience this time with super prompt replies. Good luck and hope you can see if the Evite was opened and viewed.

wellyes
10-06-2012, 06:48 AM
If the event was a few weeks away, I wouldn't expect RSVP's unless it was for a wedding or similar event. I think birthday party invites often come in the week before unless you have a special event and need a headcount early.

I do birthdays a few weeks in advance, but, almost everyone waits to RSVP until the last minute. Hang tight.

ourbabygirl
10-06-2012, 08:59 PM
O.k., thanks- I'll check it out again and see if I can enable it back. ;)

It's actually a Halloween party, but we invited a ton of people (not random people, but a lot of people, since we usually only have about one big party a year- usually on Halloween weekend). So since only about 7 of the guests have r.s.v.p.d, I'm wondering what the deal is.

DH says they're holding out to see if they get better offers in the meantime :shake:, but I really hope that's not the case since we kind of go all-out on parties and everyone has said (and it seems like) they've had a good time at our parties in the past.

Anyhow, here's hoping the r.v.s.p.s start trickling in more, because I want to make sure that all the work I'm going to do for it will be worth it! :)

Momit
10-06-2012, 10:09 PM
We did paper invites and still had issues with RSVPs. I literally think we got more responses in the few days immediately after the deadline than we got before.