PDA

View Full Version : What are Winx?

melwe
10-06-2012, 12:34 PM
DD has been talking about these non-stop since starting Kindergarten. She now says she wants to be one of them for Halloween. I have no idea what these are and more importantly are they appropriate for a 5 year old.

Any thoughts?

amandabea
10-06-2012, 01:20 PM
My DD has seen the commercials for these and I think there may be a show. They are some kind of magical fairies. They may sing also. I would compare them to Bratz based on the little that I know of both of them. Total nonsense that totally appeals to that age group. Not looking forward to the begging that will ensue if my DD ever catches the show. Keep in mind that I have not seen the show and paid little to no attention during some commercial where my DD was saying "oooohhh, mommy, I want winx..."

cvanbrunt
10-06-2012, 01:23 PM
http://www.nick.com/shows/winx-club?navid=showNav

I'm not a fan. I let my girls watch about 10 minutes of it and turned it off. But I don't tolerate much from Nickelodeon; only the Fresh Beat Band and Kung Fu Panda.

melwe
10-06-2012, 07:47 PM
So I think I am saved. :). DD and her friend from school both wanted to be Winx characters for Halloween. I just found out that DD's friend is going to be a Spanish dancer instead. Now to come up with an idea for DD's costume...