PDA

View Full Version : Can you bring 1 unopened (sealed) yogurt through airport security?

sunnyside
10-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Flying tomorrow and just not sure about that one. My girl eats organic whole yogurt, and I'm thinking I probably can't find one in the airports. Thanks!

amldaley
10-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Depends on who is at TSA that day. They let me bring a whole water bottle through as it was "for the baby". As your LO is under 3, they may let you take the yogurt. The worst that will happen is they will make you throw it away. I would try!

Snow mom
10-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Depends on who is at TSA that day. They let me bring a whole water bottle through as it was "for the baby". As your LO is under 3, they may let you take the yogurt. The worst that will happen is they will make you throw it away. I would try!

I agree 100%! I've found TSA to be extremely liberal with me when I'm traveling with DD. Obviously they had some problems and backlash with breast milk and I think that's skewed how they treat small children in general. I was worried when DD switched to cow milk that a sippy filled with cow milk wouldn't be acceptable but I've never had then blink an eye over it. If it's possible to bring a yogurt under 3 oz then you should be completely covered but if not I'd still try it. Just pull it out at security and put it with the other items you're bringing for your DC. They'll likely want to swab it or whiff it or whatever they do.

rin
10-06-2012, 04:04 PM
They may make you open it so they can swab it with their little strips; I've had to do this in the past for jars of baby food. If the yogurt can be resealed afterwards, not a problem, but if not it may be a pain. You could always bring a resealable Tupperware/etc to put it in afterwards.