PDA

View Full Version : I am so done right now

queenmama
10-06-2012, 07:20 PM
There's so much. Just skip it all and write "hugs" because you shouldn't waste your valuable time reading about my crappy day! LOL

DH started the 7am-7pm rotation this week, and last night was his first night off. His only offer of "help" is to stay in bed with DD and let her CIO. No diaper changes (she's 5.5mo and he's changed her twice), no fetching anything I might need...

Well, she was up most of the night and would just squirm and thrash when put to bed. She finally conked out at 540am, then nursed from 9-930. She slept til 1100, and DH and DS were at rehearsal for a music night at school and various goofing off, so I was home alone, at my wits end, crying and ranting to myself how I just can't deal with this alone.

By the time they got home, I was just spent. She won't let me put her down, she doesn't want to be worn, she's just wearing me out. And what does DH do? Goes to bed. I take DD to him and she does cry for just a couple of minutes (I gave up, and usually I am adamantly against CIO) before falling asleep. I have to get DS ready for the show tonight, so I'm ironing his shirt and she wakes up to eat. I tell DH he needs to get up and get ready, he says, "okay," but stays in bed for another 15.

I'm nursing her, DS is telling me he needs to leave in 20 and DH is still laying down. He finally gets up, gets a major attitude when he finds out he has to iron DS' pants, and starts to dress himself. He's looking everywhere for his tie rack, griping under his breath, like, what? I moved it? He's moving at a snail's pace and starts to iron the pants with 2 minutes to go, so of course, he half-asses it. DS needs help with his new dress shoes and DH starts another tantrum about how they're laced wrong. This is the kind of thing he should be teaching DS, but instead he's acting like a d***. Then he says, "Gah, I reeeeally don't want to go to this thing." In front of DS. Nice.

Meanwhile, I'm dealing with a milk bleb since before the first of Sept, and now it's mastitis and I have the aches and the fever. It kills me to nurse her on that side and I'm starting to resent her for it, though of course I know it isn't her fault.

To make things even more wonderful, it's down to the 30s at night & 40s during the day, and our heat isn't working, so the house has been freezing. I'm shivering from the stupid infection. DD's hands, ears, and nose are cold. :(

I want to run away with DD and stay in a warm hotel room. I can't stand the sight of that man right now.

hillview
10-06-2012, 07:23 PM
ugh that stinks I am so sorry!!

crl
10-06-2012, 07:28 PM
:hug: I am so sorry. That's too much, especially while sick from mastitis.

Catherine

Kestrel
10-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Hugs and hugs!

Call DH and tell him you need him to pick up a space heater on the way home! They're way too inexpensive for a sick mama and a baby to be cold! (I got my electric one at wal-mart at two am for less that $20)

tmahanes
10-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Hugs!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

SkyrMommy
10-06-2012, 08:55 PM
:grouphug: Many, many hugs to you, I hope you feel better soon.

turtledove
10-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Hugs Mamma! That's a lot to deal with! I agree with PP, get a space heater- at least you will be mad and warm!

ha98ed14
10-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Hugs, hugs and more hugs!

Toba
10-06-2012, 11:06 PM
You are an awesome mama, and you know it! Sorry DH is having PMS! Definitely agree with the others ... get a space heater!!! We have mostly wood/tile flooring and a two-story house that reallllly should have been built with two zone heating (seriously, the first floor can be 15+ degrees colder than the second floor) and we have several space heaters around the house. I think I spent maybe $25-$30 for each and they oscillate and have a remote (Target)!! Sounds like you need some time (and heat!) to get better! ((((HUGS))))

larig
10-06-2012, 11:41 PM
Hugs. Hope you're well and warm soon!

OKKiddo
10-07-2012, 09:16 AM
I'm sorry. Definitely get the space heater if you haven't already and make hubby sleep on the (cold) couch. Maybe his time out will help him see where he needs to change. As far as the mastitis, have you got any La Leche League friends you could call, or can you go back to the Dr.? Saying prayers for you and your family.

queenmama
10-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Thanks, all. I appreciate your support!

DH put the space heater in our room for a bit before I took DD to bed, so we were very comfortable!

Then he went and pissed me off again by leaving early this morning (we were still sleeping) to go running. Not the act of running that aggravates me, but that
(1) he hadn't been running in about 10 days, so why then was it so important? (2) DD slept only 6 hours. Not a one stretch. TOTAL. And she nursed twice during that time, so really it was 5 hours. So he was gone and he could've allowed me a bit more sleep, which is really the crux of my bad attitude. I AM TIRED!
(3) If he wanted to get up early, he could've been working on getting the heat to work. It's 63 degrees in the house right now. DS slept on our floor and is still there, so I can't bring the space heater out yet.

lmh2402
10-07-2012, 08:17 PM
hugs. that sounds really awful. truly.

i wouldn't be able to stand the sight of him either

i hope your heat gets fixed soon

poor you, DS and DD :hug: :hug: :hug:

daisyd
10-07-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm so sorry. That's terrible. Hope you feel better soon.