PDA

View Full Version : gift for a 2 year old boy?

hillview
10-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Looking to spend about $100 for a 2 year old gift. Please suggest your best ideas! He is an only child (so far). Close family friend and godchild.
thanks!

brittone2
10-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Magnatiles if you can find them a bit discounted? I know the price has increased in recent years so I'm not sure how doable that is.

Montessori type items?? At 2-3 my kids really enjoyed that type of thing.

Is he into trains? That would buy a cute set.

Would you prefer one big gift or would you be open to a few smaller items?

Beth24
10-07-2012, 11:16 AM
My 2 yo's favorite toys are his little tikes or fisher price basketball hoop, baseball and golf sets. He also has two pop out soccer goals that he loves. Maybe you could get him a combination of sports toys? When he is inside he loves his magnatiles. A mini kick scooter is also a good idea.

ahisma
10-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Magnatiles, nice wooden blocks, musical instrument basket w/ a Remo drum

candaceb
10-07-2012, 04:39 PM
These are things that my DS currently loves or I've put on his wishlist for the holidays:
PBK anywhere chair
magnatiles
cozy coupe truck
I agree with the train set recommendation
membership to childrens museum/zoo
wooden blocks
play kitchen
tricycle with parent handle like a kettler

sidmand
10-07-2012, 05:26 PM
I was going to say Magnatiles too!

PearlsMom
10-07-2012, 09:02 PM
If the family has the room, the Little Tikes indoor roller coaster is so much fun! My 27-month-old got it for Christmas last year, and especially loves pushing all his matchbox cars down it.

Brio and/or Thomas train tracks sets can be great. Also, those molded plastic jungle animals, like the ones by Safari Ltd., are a huge favorite of his. My parents saved a collection from when we were young, and DS loves to play with them at their house.

belovedgandp
10-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Balance bike or plasma car
Kid size rocker or PBK chair

vonfirmath
10-07-2012, 10:35 PM
tricycle with parent handle like a kettler

Would you recommend this over a push and pull type walker?
http://www.amazon.com/Little-Tikes-Push-Ride-Walker/dp/B00005850G/ref=pd_sim_t_1

candaceb
10-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Would you recommend this over a push and pull type walker?
http://www.amazon.com/Little-Tikes-Push-Ride-Walker/dp/B00005850G/ref=pd_sim_t_1

DS has that ride-on (in primary colors). He started using it around his first birthday but he is really too big for it now. It would make a great first birthday present but by the 2nd bday I think most kids are ready for a balance bike or tricycle.