PDA

View Full Version : Third trimester mood swings?

daisyd
10-07-2012, 06:32 PM
At 30 weeks I find myself suffering mood swings again. I was cranky and too sensitive in the first trimester. That eased up in the second trimester but I see it rearing it's ugly head again. Between work stress, the cold weather coming and lack of sleep I'm a mess. It wasn't this bad with my first pregnancy. I feel bad that DS and DH have to deal with it. I find walks are helpful and so is a soothing cup of tea.If anyone has had this how did you cope? Thanks!

klwa
10-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Well, the witch of my office made a comment to me just before DD2 was born about how I became a lot b!tchier when I was pregnant whereas she became nicer. I didn't handle a lot of things as well by the end of any pregnancy as I did earlier. I just tried to realize that I was feeling that way & make sure I didn't let on that I wanted to strangle everyone around me. My biggest issue was that I just didn't want anyone touching me at all because it made me mad. Which doesn't work well at all when you have two young kids....

JenChem
10-12-2012, 10:33 PM
I am right there with you. 32 weeks and I feel like I run an emotional gauntlet everyday from laughing to crying in the bathroom over silly meaningless things. I still have 2 months to go and I just hope DH doesn't commit me. I don't remember being this emotionally all over the place with DS.

kaharris83
10-12-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm 32 weeks as well and feel like I'm on an emotional rollercoaster everyday. My patience is thin and overall I'm a mess. I don't remember this from last time either. No real good coping mechanisms, but planning to try the walk. It sounds like a good plan.

momm
10-13-2012, 07:00 AM
OMG I feel ya! From 35 weeks on I feel like I've been sobbing at the drop of a hat. I was so delighted and happy the entire first pregnancy.. this one is like an emotional roller coaster.

Also I think I might have pre-partum depression, although yours doesn't sound like that

Here's to all of us surviving :)

echoesofspring
10-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Right there with you. I find myself in tears from being shunned by cliquey mommys at M&M groups and balling in the P&PT threads....I got dressed up and put on make up for DS's M&M photo and found myself in tears the whole way home b/c he was afraid and not smiling and we missed our photo op. But it wasn't even a real photo session, kwim? I know it's silly, but being able to laugh at it only goes so far.

The only thing (I think) I've been really bitchy about is the heat...It's still 90 here and sometimes my belly just aches and I'm so hot and I just can't take it. I'm ready to move to alaska.

daisyd
10-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Thanks for sharing. It helps to hear that I'm not alone. I wish I had more patience for DS and shrug off minor annoyances at work...Getting some sleep would help. I also find hanging out here calming. Thanks a bunch to this community.

viba424
11-14-2012, 12:39 AM
I have been a very angry pregnant woman, for sure. My poor poor husband. Not to mention I could strangle our nanny. I am convinced she is playing mind games with me by repeatedly doing weird things around the house and not following directions. Its becoming an obsession. And all I want to do is shop. Its terrible! But I do think crazy lady syndrome is quite common fortunately.

daisyd
11-17-2012, 10:10 PM
It's gotten a little better at nearly 37 weeks, but I have a much shorter fuse than is typical for me. I feel very bad for a long time after though so I'm trying to remind myself of the consequences of losing it. I don't remember it being like this with my first pregnancy. Hugs to everyone struggling with this.

lordkevin
12-31-2012, 02:53 AM
Thanks for the nice post and happy new year...