PDA

View Full Version : Any recommended blankets for a toddler? What about pillows?

TxCat
10-07-2012, 09:45 PM
DD turns 2 tomorrow (!) and conveniently we just got our first cold front which is getting me thinking about her bedding situation and sleepwear for the winter. She still moves all over the crib at night, so I think I'll keep with the footed sleepers for the winter, but I was thinking about adding a blanket, just to try it out. Anyone want to recommend theirs? I'm sure I'm missing an obvious source, but I feel like I only find blankets for twin size beds (I'm not planning on moving her to a big girl bed anytime soon) or the frou-frou crib quilts that are more decorative than functional. I just want something soft and warm.

On a related topic, any recommendations for pillows for the crib? I was thinking about just getting something like the PBK toddler pillow if I don't find something else that strikes me.

kaharris83
10-07-2012, 09:51 PM
DS1 sleeps in Hanna LJ's wearing a A&A Single Layer sleep sack. He has a crocheted blanket I made him that he sleeps with too. He also recently dragged his A&A Dream Blanket. Not exactly cheap but it is nice and warm and soft.

newg
10-07-2012, 10:05 PM
if you have an ikea near you, they have toddler pillow for about $5 and pillowcases. They also sell crib blankets and I think toddler duvets and covers.

If you have a sewing machine you can easily take a twin sheet and chop off the bottom to make it shorter.

One step ahead also sells toddler bedding.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/childrens_ikea/18776/
http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/thumbnail.jsp?siteId=118&parentCategoryId=117767&N=117782&Nty=1&categoryId=117782&view=10000

candaceb
10-07-2012, 10:10 PM
I got a toddler comforter at Ikea and DS uses the flattest adult pillow they sell at Ikea. He sleeps sideways on top of the pillow.

speo
10-07-2012, 10:17 PM
I bought both of my boys the flattest pillows from target. They both also got down toddler comforters from Company Kids. I think PBK also makes them. The comforters were great!

PZMommy
10-07-2012, 10:39 PM
The Aden and Anais dream blankets are great for young kids. They are plenty big and super cozy. I wish they made them in adult sizes! lol

Dawn

waitingforgrace
10-07-2012, 10:50 PM
We use a standard pillow, but relatively flat, and a throw size blanket (50x60 I think).

AnnieW625
10-07-2012, 10:58 PM
When my DDs were in the crib in the winter (mild in so cal, lows usually never make it below 32) they slept in Carters fleece footed pjs. for the most part. DD1 slept in a sleep sack until she was about 6 months old. She actually slept better on her tummy so I didn't force the sleep sack on her. Her pillow was this cat shaped pillow. She had a thermal blanket. DD2 tolerated a sleep sack more so she slept in one or slept in the Carters footed pjs. She slept in a sleep sack until she was about a year old. Again in her crib she used the cat pillow or a small Pillow Pet. DD1 used a variety of different knitted blankets, a fleece blanket, or the Aden & Anais swaddling blankets. She still prefers the fleece blanket or the A&A swaddler.

Both girls were in twin beds by 2/1/2 so DD1 used a flat pillow we already had, and now DD2 uses a memory gel foam pillow I picked up at Costco. It is pretty firm.

jgenie
10-07-2012, 11:04 PM
My DC use throw size blankets from Target. They fit perfectly in the crib / toddler bed.

alirebco
10-08-2012, 12:53 PM
A&A dream blankets!