PDA

View Full Version : Best week to go to WDW

kmm
10-07-2012, 11:31 PM
We are thinking we'd like to take our 3and 5 year old DDs to WDW next year. If you could go any week during the year when would you go to experience good weather and fewer people?

kaharris83
10-07-2012, 11:37 PM
We love going at the end of January, beginning of February(before President's Day weekend). Next year we have to push our trip back to the end of April and I'm bummed because I know there will be more people in the parks then. On our last trip we were able to ride popular rides over and over again without waiting in line.

hillview
10-08-2012, 09:57 AM
We love going at the end of January, beginning of February(before President's Day weekend).

LOVE january. No lines. Not great swimming weather but awesome for the parks and reservations for meals

ChristinaLucia
10-08-2012, 10:08 AM
January for sure! We went and there were almost no lines at all. It was sunny and colder, but if you are going to the parks it is just absolutely perfect.

belovedgandp
10-08-2012, 11:01 AM
We went in mid-November the week before the week of Thanksgiving. Minimal crowds but the Christmas decorations were almost completely up. For a Christmas junkie like me it was fabulous.

We are plotting a trip for January/February of 2015 next though.

hakoch
10-08-2012, 11:56 AM
We went last year the first week in December, short lines, free dining, Christmas decorations up. We loved it!! But a long wait...

billysmommy
10-08-2012, 04:04 PM
We usually go the end of Jan (I love spending my birthday there) and love it. We've had every kind of weather, one trip we had it in the 40s the first morning to the 90s during the day by the end. We have been able to swim every year, the pools are heated so our boys are always in at least once.

One year we went over the first weekend in Dec and it was very cool getting to see all the Christmas decorations up and the Osborne lights, etc but the lines were definitely longer than in Jan. Also they tape the Christmas parade the 1st weekend in Dec so the MK will be more crowded that weekend, especially on Main St and at the castle.

Hemlock
10-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Easy WDW always has pretty accurate crowd calendars. Here is the link;

http://www.easywdw.com/category/disneybest/besttime/