PDA

View Full Version : lice!

ncat
10-08-2012, 12:31 AM
We have DD's hair under control after the disaster this summer, but I am combing it out weekly and occasionally finding a few.
DS has no hair. DH has no hair. I have a lot of hair.

I need someone to check me! I have had a creepy crawly feeling for a few weeks now - it started when I found a few lice in DDs hair right after school started. I desperately need a haircut and am afraid to book an appointment. DH will not help check me - tonight when I asked him to help me he was outright nasty. Other nights he is essentially asleep in front of the TV until he is ready for bed. Not that he was competent to comb out DDs hair when she was infested, but it would be better than me trying to do it myself.

Tondi G
10-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Is there a service in your area that does lice treatment? There is one really close to our home and I think they charge something like $25 or $30 to do a full lice check. It would be worth it to know for sure.

WitMom
10-08-2012, 02:22 AM
I second what Tondi says....call a service if there's one in your area. We haven't had to deal with lice, but I have my plan in place for if we ever do. And I will be calling a service ASAP.

hillview
10-08-2012, 09:57 AM
call a service. when DS1 had lice I had a service check me and the boys. Best $100 I've spent!

infomama
10-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Agree with pp. hire a service.

ncat
10-08-2012, 11:14 AM
I now have an appointment - but not until Wednesday. I am going to miss an hour of work plus travel times, and it will cost me at least $120. I don't spend even half that on a hair cut.

DH complained that I was being "self-centered" and "unreasonable" for asking him to do it - first his favorite show was on and he did not want to be distracted. Then it was 9:30 on a Sunday - way too late for him to consider it. How dare I inconvenience him!

infomama
10-08-2012, 11:26 AM
It will be worth the cost. I can't type what I think of your DHs comments. :hug:

hillview
10-08-2012, 12:49 PM
It will be worth the cost. I can't type what I think of your DHs comments. :hug:

:yeahthat:

daisysmom
10-08-2012, 01:01 PM
call a service. when DS1 had lice I had a service check me and the boys. Best $100 I've spent!

Two years ago we resorted to the service -- where we are, she was called the Nit Fairy. Best $200 I ever spent -- both DD and I still had it (after religiously combing DD's hair and my own and giving us two NIX treatments each for a week). She got out the nits that there was no way I could see (I couldn't even see them in DD's hair with my reading glasses on!). After that treatment, we were free.

If you feel them... you have them.

My DH also woudn't comb out my hair - he made an attempt once but it was useless, he wasn't being careful, he was resenting it, etc.

We have an outbreatk in DD's K class right now and I am going to call the Nit Fairy just to check she and I. I just think the commercial/over the counter treatments don't really kill them well enuogh, and just one fertile live lice will lay about a zillion eggs and the infection will keep going strong. I swear I had PTSD from the lice incident and started that feeling again yesterday when I found out 2 girls from a class of 19 have it. CAll your local nit fairy, you won't regret it!

ha98ed14
10-09-2012, 09:52 AM
:yeahthat:

I second this! What is it with husbands this week? It's like they all have a case of jerkitis!

StantonHyde
10-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Do you sleep in the same bed as DH? Does he not understand the lice will happily walk over to HIS head????????

gatorsmom
10-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Do you sleep in the same bed as DH? Does he not understand the lice will happily walk over to HIS head????????
:yeahthat: no kidding! WTH? If my DH did this to me, I'd rub my head all over his and say. "well, now you better look because if I have them, so do you!". But I can be kind of nasty like that sometimes.

MamaMolly
10-10-2012, 11:29 PM
I can't type what I think of your DHs comments. :hug:

This. What a brat.

queenmama
10-11-2012, 12:43 AM
:yeahthat: no kidding! WTH? If my DH did this to me, I'd rub my head all over his and say. "well, now you better look because if I have them, so do you!". But I can be kind of nasty like that sometimes.

I love you.