PDA

View Full Version : Yay! My first 3 across install!

BabbyO
10-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Well, I did my first 3 across install this weekend in the babysitters car (and 2005 Ford Explorer. She is getting a 3rd child this week (in addition to my 2 boys). The kids are in Chicco KeyFit, Classic MA and Stachio just got moved up to a SecureKid 300.

Stachio is in the middle with his SecureKid, and the Keyfit and MA are in the outboard positions. I would have preferred the infant in the middle...but it just wasn't working.

I installed the Combo seat. Made sure it was a solid install by itself, marked the seatbelt (to ensure that I had it installed just as tight later). Installed the two outside seats, pulled the middle seat out and verified that the MA and Keyfit were solid installs, then reinstalled the SecureKid.

I felt SO awesome....DH thinks I'm nuts...but it felt great! Sorry...Not trying to brag here...it was just exciting for me. WAY more exciting than my REAL job!

Joolsplus2
10-08-2012, 11:16 AM
:cheerleader1:
I like that thing where you marked the seatbelt :thumbsup:

BabbyO
10-08-2012, 11:47 AM
:cheerleader1:
I like that thing where you marked the seatbelt :thumbsup:

It was the only way I could figure out how to KNOW I had it as tight as I originally did. Just a little pencil line did the trick...Chalk would have been better now that I think of it.

It is a bit perverse how much joy this gave me on Saturday morning. And I got do to another install in my parents car that morning, too.....

Joolsplus2
10-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Maybe one day there will be a CPS class that fits with your schedule and you can do this as an official hobby... http://cert.safekids.org/ ;)

BabbyO
10-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Maybe one day there will be a CPS class that fits with your schedule and you can do this as an official hobby... http://cert.safekids.org/ ;)

Schedule has been less of an issue (although it would have been challenging while 6 mo pg or nursing)...the big problem is the 1 week of work I'd have to take off. I think I will be jumping up to 3 wks vacation in 2013. If so, I'm going to use one week to do the certification. (I've had to use a fair number of Vaca days when the kids have been sick the last 2 yrs). It is in the plan....

:)

Thanks for all your help along the way, though!

KDsMommy
10-11-2012, 10:54 AM
So awesome! Isn't that the best feeling?!