PDA

View Full Version : Can you have PPD before delivery? (last month of pregnancy)

momm
10-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Probably a stupid question alert!

I'm due in a month and I've been so weepy the whole past week.

Last night I sobbed and sobbed because I talked to DS sternly for third time repeat offense in a half hour, so the sternness was justified, but I sobbed and sobbed no matter how much DH pacified me. And it wasn't the first time I cried in the week.

Normally I LOVE being pregnant (in spite of all the aches and pains and stuff) .. and I still love the whole thing, I love that we're having another baby and everything.

Maybe it's because this is the last time I'll be pregnant? We've decided on only two kids, for financial reasons. I may have my tubes tied even.

I'll have plenty of help during the first few weeks so it's not that I'm frightened of the baby getting here or anything

Ugh.. I have no idea.

I'm so sad and weepy and crying. Can you have PPD before you deliver? Of course it's POST partum depression so no, I guess?

I have an OB appointment tomorrow so I'll speak to my OB too. But wondering what is happening to me? Any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated!

rin
10-08-2012, 11:05 AM
:hug:! Yes, you absolutely can have PPD before delivery. Some people feel the term "perinatal depression" is more accurate for exactly that reason, since it can happen during pregnancy or after. Definitely do bring it up with your OB!

Tondi G
10-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Totally possible to have some Pre-partum depression. Talk to your OB about it and (((HUGS))) I had PPD/Anxiety after DS2 was born and wouldn't wish that on anyone!

There is a lot of info on pre-partum depression if you want to google it!

momm
10-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Thank you very much for the information and the hugs. I will definitely look into this and speak to my OB>