PDA

View Full Version : Another class bday question...

twowhat?
10-08-2012, 11:27 AM
If a child in the girls' class attended their bday (and brought a gift) but we aren't able to attend her upcoming bday party, do you try to get her a gift anyway?

I feel bad that we won't be able to go since they made the effort to come to ours...but at the same time I figure that this is kind of the norm when it comes to school classes and bday parties (there are 24 kids in the girls' class).

What do you guys do? (she/the family is not a friend - we only know her as one of the girls' classmates)

mytwosons
10-08-2012, 11:57 AM
If it's a friend, we've taken the bday child out for a little celebration. Nothing huge, just a fun outing like a movie and then a stop at the ice cream shop.

belovedgandp
10-08-2012, 12:30 PM
If you just couldn't make the party and RSVP'd no in a timely manner than I don't do anything at all for a classmate's party we missed.

If we had to cancel at the last minute because of illness than I will try to get the gift that I already had prepared to the birthday child regardless.

If it is a close friend where I am more friends with the mom as an adult in addition to a kid being a playmate and we can't make a party then I still make an effort to at least recognize the birthday somehow even if it is just a card and some stickers or a get together with a small gift depending on how close we are and frequently we see each other.

hillview
10-08-2012, 01:02 PM
If you just couldn't make the party and RSVP'd no in a timely manner than I don't do anything at all for a classmate's party we missed.

:yeahthat:
Unless it was a special friend etc